Who would like a hug? (Igard's secret model kit)

Igard

07082011285.jpg

This is the Halcyon Alien 3 facehugger with Alien Queen Fetus circa 1993. I would have been about 12 years old when I got this. Didn't know a thing about building models. I stuck it together rather badly, but thankfully, I had the good sense not to try painting it.

07082011287.jpg

Really nice big model. 1/1 scale of course.

07082011286.jpg

Unfortunately, there's a finger nail missing. I'll take a good look around for the missing piece, but I really thought it was complete. :-\

07082011288.jpg

Some damage to the tail.

07082011289.jpg

Seam city.

07082011290.jpg

And don't forget this cheeky little lady. Sorry for the bad pic.

07082011292.jpg

07082011294.jpg

God I was bad at gluing!

07082011293.jpg

Don't know when I'll be re-doing this. I don't really know how to paint or fix seams with this type of plastic.

When I do take this on, I'll let you all know in advance. ;)

Re: Who would like a hug?

Very Cool!!! This Brings Back Some Memories!!! Definitely Worth A Re-Do!!!

Re: Who would like a hug?

Wow! Wish I could really say "ah, I have 5 of em in my closet" ;D
A pair suggestions on the missing nail: You may duplicate one of those You have, using some epoxy or two-component putty+gyps e.t.c ..or, You can give this "finger" a little "battle damage", making it torn in some place, with the edges burn because of toxic blood.
P.S: as my imagination riding forward, there might be an awesome "dio" with this hugger climbing on a lonely, made for ex. of a globe, helmet from a spacesuit. The "glass" is covered with a silver reflector (so no need to look for a glass, just some silver airbrushing), so you can't see what is inside; only in it's center is a whole with the edges covered with blood. And the hugger is hanging on top of all that. *playing eyebrows*))

i love those scary facehuggers!!! paint her up! maybe use a fake fingernail to replace it. seems easy enough to sand and so forth. Or you can simply re-create one using magic-sculpt.

Just look at the terror in my eyes! I should've been an actor. ;D

I always kind of thought the fingernails in this kit were a little OTT, so maybe I'll give it a bit of a manicure. False fingernail might be the easiest way to go, but I'll want to be consistant. If I use it with one, I might as well replace the other 7.

Still holding out hope of finding this missing piece somewhere.

a quick Mould using Oyumaru and in ten minutes you have a perfect mould to make a copy of your missing Nail ! using either Resin or an Epoxy Putty... used by the War Gamers... called Green Stuff !

As for the Huger repairs.... C.A. ! if you need to bring the pieces closer together.... a dip in "HOT" water should help you make those gaps smaller... then a DIP in COLD water to Seize that Vinyl in its new position...

then when Dry... Glue with C.A. !!! small imperfections can be filled with Putty !!!

I have the same and it's NICE !!! I will be painting mine... soon !!! in the Next year... LOL

Schweinhund227-1-1.jpg

I am looking for the correct Grill to stick it onto or a Big Acrylic Basin to make it crawl onto !!!

Best of luck with your project !!!

Norm.

It sure is, SLW45. Can you imagine me when I was 12 years old, getting this thing? I was so lucky!

Norm, that's hilarious how our 2 expressions are almost the same! Never realised that was in your avatar. ;D

Thanks for the info. I've got that milliput stuff for gap filling and I've got Magic Sculp. Not sure what to do with the hugger yet. I think I'm putting the Queen fetus in a jar. Maybe the hugger can be crawing up it or something. Dunno yet.

Anyway, not touching this for a long time yet. Maybe next year for me also. ;)

Latest posts

Back