Which SR-71 is best?

Jim2001

I've just come back from visiting the Udvar-Hazy Museum in Virginia (mind-blowing) and want to build an SR-71 Blackbird. The Smithsonian store had several die-cast models and the Revell kit for sale, but I've heard about a Testor's kit that is 1/48 and an impressive size. I know of at least one snap kit too. For those who have built an SR-71 which kit did you do, what's your opinion of it? Or, which kit is best, or has better details?

Revell made one that also came with the drone, I had in my stash, but sold it, but I believe it was only 1/72 (still a fair size). Testors made 2 in 1/48, the SR-71, as well as the YF-12 interceptor, which was originally what the Phoenix missiles were designed for!!

although you can do some scribbling on the Revell, if you have much patience, it will turn out great...

you can use a dynamo tape which is low tac and a scribbler.

I built the Testors SR-71 20 or so years ago. It was short on detail and had some bad gaps. I remember there being a gap the entire circumference of the model. On the plus ide it is huge and would make a great detailing project. :D

I built up the 110 snap kit back in January. It was a nice little kit, but it has stickers instead of decals. I just couldn't put the stickers on her....

Latest posts

Back