What happens to old models when they die?

Jeep

I discovered a "forgotten" box stashed away from the mid 1990's, this was a time of college and working like a mad man, During this period, my basement apartment flooded, after the water was pumped out I moved out, nearly all of my models were thrown into this "forgotten" cardboard box.

It included, a Unbuilt but with out box F5 1/48 scale and a partially builtA1 skyraider also in 1/48 scale that were on my bench of at the time of the flood.

a completed 1/32scale Vietnam era AH1 cobra and OH1 loach
a 1/32 apache AH44A

Completed in 1/48 scale: F4 phantom (Vietnam era navy) Airforce F4G , F9F8 Cougar, A4 skyhawk, AH64 aphache, two AH1 cobras that used to hang in front of a really cool poster of several AH1s, M29 fulcrum, Mig 21, F16a, F18, F104 and a F105

Then in 1/72 scale was C130, a SR71 with drone, two F15E strike eagles and single F15a, a f16a a F4 phantom, another Apache, and a hind D and a A10 Thunderbolt II.

For armor is a sherman tank(s} in M4A4, M4A3 and M4A2 flavors a M3 grant a M32 recovery tank a M113 mortor carrier a 155mm "Longtom" field gun with tractor, a pair of two and half ton trucks a humvee 6 jeeps split evenly between M151 and MB types, a pinkpanther 109 series landrover, a mushed brengun carrier in a mushed box a M2/M3 Bradley AFV, a Pair of M7 priest 105mm gun carriers and a still on the spru M109 SPG, Some other models that I can't even identify, basically a high school era worth of modeling all busted up in a 20x30x32 inch pasteboard box.

Now what to do! the practical side says, dump them into the trash and start new ones. The nostalgic side says, get out your glue and fix them, recondition them, Use them for new projects. All of the above are pretty busted up, is it trash or treasure? Most of the parts WILL be in the box somewhere, but they were not packed away very gently by well meaning friends and family. What do you do with your old models. Do you fix them up? Or do you start over with a new kit? Do any of you have rebuilt model to show off?

Use it to scratch build something, there`s a lot of cool shapes there you could put to use .if you know any wargamers offer to make them some terrain and objective markers .downed choppers, planes or knocked out tanks.

I made a bit of terrain/objective out of an old JU52 that had seen better days .

Keep em. Good for spares, scratchbuilding and kitbashing. :) If you don't wants, I'll buy the box of stuff from ya! lol

Maknifiso said:
Hey DK I got dibs! ;D
Jeep, I'll pay double what he offers ;) :D ;D

I kid, i kid ;D ;D

LOL! Now you see Jeep, what you got there is a treasure trove! ;) I just took one look at that photo and got my mind reeling. I don't EVEN want to know what went on in Mak's mind!

Either way I'm sure you'll figure it out and if you don't wants, you got lots of takers for it! :)

I'll split it with ya Mak if he wants to sell! :)

I am with the others, scratch build something and have some fun with it. I do have a few of my older models here and there, but my box of parts, very similar to what you show in the photos, was trashed by my mother while I was in college. I have four models that survived that. They are on a shelf, and no one is allowed to touch them. NO ONE!!! :'(

Just kidding, ;D but they are treasured, as the only thing I have left from that time.

I'd be like the dog who discovers he's got two tails if I found that stuff kicking around in a forgotten box. You lucky beggar! Got any more boxes like that? He asks hopefully.... :)

i STARTED TO MAKE MODELS I WAS 11 I8 M NOW 62 , I WAS IN THE ARMY AND I LEFT MODELING FOR 11 YEARS THAT I WAS DEPLOIED IN THE UNITED NATIONS PEACE KEEPING, AFTER A DISCUSSION WITH MY EX WIFE, I FINDED ALL MY 210 MODEL DAONE AND WILL PRESERVED DESTROIED PLUS ALL MY ELCTRICAL TRAIN,I TRTIED TO REBUILD BUT THEY WERE SO GRINDED THAT COULD JUST USE TO MAKE SOME CORN MASH, I STATED AGAIN AND FOR PUNISHMENT I CUTTED ALL HER C OLECTION O EXPANCIVE DRESSES AND FINALLY I PUTTED SOME TALCO INSIDE A PAIR OF SHOOSE GUCCI AND ORINATED INSIDE , IN ONE WAY THET ALL WILL BE ABSORBED BY THE EXPENCIVE LEATHER AND NO MORE GOOD TO WEAR 1000 DOLLARS WAISTED
SO I HOPE ALL MY MODEL REST IN PEACE IN THE MODEL CIMITERY

What's with the shouting ???

Anyway ! buddy ... I see Ma.K in your future.... all those dead models can have some pretty slick usage in some "Ma.K like" contraption... if you are into Ma.K that's the key ?

if not ? Clean your basement and Start fresh... it's only plastic ! or.. there are websites that offers exchanges... hard to find parts... you could list the kits by name and what parts are avail. maybe make some money ??? not much ! but friends at the same time !

Take care all !

Norm.

Latest posts

Back