"What a piece of Junk"

fblanton

It may go .5 past Lightspeed and made the Kessel Run in less than 12 Parsecs, but this is a long term painting and weathering project. Some pics of my 1/72d Millenium Falcon. I started out using Tamiya spray Light Gray. Followed by washing the model using sepia game ink from Vallejo. I have begun the process of doing some panel fades and dry brushing with oil paints.
{The Fine Molds kit is a very nice kit. I just wanted to title this thread a bit differently.}

Pre-paint.jpg

pre-paint2.jpg

pre-paint3.jpg

cockpit2.jpg

Cockpit1.jpg

basecoatonbottom.jpg

Basecoat.jpg

Sepiawashandpanelfade.jpg

washingtheGirl.jpg

Sepiawash1.jpg

panelfade.jpg

panelfadeleft.jpg

Looking really good there. Really good.
Those washes are definitely helping your detail

All of these builds of this kit makes me want to get mine out. But I must resist, the contest is soon, and I need to finish up what I have started!

Very nice work. If this build is like any of your other builds, it will be very well done. Did you use the outerspace outfitters panels in the bridge?

Grendels said:
All of these builds of this kit makes me want to get mine out. But I must resist, the contest is soon, and I need to finish up what I have started!

Very nice work. If this build is like any of your other builds, it will be very well done. Did you use the outerspace outfitters panels in the bridge?

LOL Was thinking close to the same thing ... But I need to buy one of these kits first.

Looking great Frank love the weathering!

Great Lookin Falcon !! What did you use for a Wash ? Looks Awesome !!! It really makes th Details PoP !!

Can't wait to see this one finished !

No updates. Have put the model down for a while. I am working on that Cylon Raider.

Ive wanted one of these for awhile..HEY, it doesnt come with Chewie or Han???? This is a real project that'll keep you busy for awhile! Its lookin really good!

did you cut down the sides? it looks like you did. good job so far. All ive heard is complaints about that kit but it looks pretty good to me.

punkpigpen said:
Ive wanted one of these for awhile..HEY, it doesnt come with Chewie or Han????

It comes with six figures - Han & Chewie and then you choose between Luke and Obi for ANH or Leia and 3PO for Empire. There's been talk for years from various people about coming out with resin figures of Lando/Nien Nunb/Rebels crew but I never heard of anything being released.

Latest posts

Back