Weltenraum Nahkampf Gefechtseinheit Ausf. B 'Ollie'

Beork

Years ago I started a build based on a picture I found on 'Der Zweite Plan', a now dead website full with Ma.k and Ma.k inspired drawings.
tani.jpg

I got never finished it because I was dissatisfied with how it was turning out, but I recently rediscovered it and I think I should at least finish it to have something to practice painting on.

Here's how I found it:
100_8784.jpg
100_8782.jpg
100_8786.jpg
100_8788.jpg

I'll just be adding an engine, some thrusters, an antenna array and maybe some extra detail thingies. But other than that I'm not going to put much more effort into it.

Some more WIP pictures in my blog

thanks!

And now for some progress:
I found an engineblock from a 1/12 bike which fitted perfectly. I got the bike for free at a secondhand store because the guy didn't think it would sell.
Now I can prove to my wife that there's good reason to take in extra (built) models :p

101_3537_zpsffaa15f3.jpg

I found the thrusters in a bag full of detail stuff for this build, didn't remember I had that bag.

Then I made two extra thrusters and added some more detail stuff and cables to the engine.

101_3550_zps9bd18bf2.jpg
101_3551_zpsc7d97b81.jpg

And I made a sensor array thingy from helicopter parts and small scale ship parts:
101_3544_zps4435aea8.jpg

Which fits quite nicely (imo)
101_3558_zps1cd5640e.jpg
101_3547_zps1c97d947.jpg

The gun just got some filling done, I don't think I'll do much more to it than that.

Great scratchbuild, Beork! I'm glad you rescued this from the "pay no mind" pile. It's an interesting design, very Strahl, and it's cool to see you make it 3-dimensional. I look forward to seeing more of this build.

I like how you used the ratlines for the antenna, too. I have a box of parts from an incomplete Revell Constitution, you're making me think of digging through it.

the Baron said:
Great scratchbuild, Beork! I'm glad you rescued this from the "pay no mind" pile. It's an interesting design, very Strahl, and it's cool to see you make it 3-dimensional. I look forward to seeing more of this build.

I like how you used the ratlines for the antenna, too. I have a box of parts from an incomplete Revell Constitution, you're making me think of digging through it.

Not planning much more, just quick finish.
I think my version is not even close to the original drawing. Noddy (not sure if he's on here) was making a 1/12 version which was way better.

I have the constitution too, did it have plastic rigging? I can't recall, bought it because it was a couple of bucks and looked interesting for parts.

Thundergod said:
Looking good . What have you used for the gun ?
The gun is a 1/48 me109, beefed up a bit, there's some more pictures here:
http://rustinglumpofplastic.blogspot.nl/

The ratlines were in black styrene, but the rigging was done with jute and black thread. That's the real reason I salvaged the kit at our club. The packet of rigging detailing materials was intact. I built the small version of the kit when I was a kid, along with the Mayflower and the Golden Hind, but I'd long since lost those little spools.

Even if you might not think yours is close to the illustration, it's a kick-ass scratchbuild :D

thanks man!

The constitution by revell goes into sale for 5EUR every year here, as do some other ships. Which is why I bought one. I never really looked at the inside except to take some cannons to use as robot insides.

but I now think they hae more uses :p

What's your primer? I take it you're using black, to support weathering later in the process. I've bought a can of Army Painter matte black for that specific technique, but I haven't gotten far enough on the current build (AFS Mk I) to prime it yet.

Army painter black, I used it before on a couple of models as recommended by Francesco Benedettini, and makes for some easy scratching and stuff because it's hard as rock.
Planning to use vallejo, bevause they scrub off so easily, making for nice weathering and fading.
That is, assuming I can handle such finnesse in painting :p

Latest posts

Back