MPC Reissue B-Wing - anyone else pick this up?

ohbejuan

Hey team,

I just got mine. I knew it would be a reissue, meaning that the detail and fit would not be up to modern standards. But this thing is a piece of junk. Tons of flash all over it and the styrene looks and feels awful. I would not mind a reissue kit with zero updates, and crappy manufacture if it were not $35 (for a 1/144 scale). I am new to the hobby, so maybe I just need to reset my expectations. But I can't see buying another one of Round 2/MPC reissues. I might just be spoiled by Bandai. However, they are reissuing these kits into a market place where the competition *is* Bandai. if I am being unfair feel free to smack me into line though (gently).

So far I'm only impressed with their updated AT-AT. I sure hope they put more effort into updating their big Falcon kit.

So far I'm only impressed with their updated AT-AT. I sure hope they put more effort into updating their big Falcon kit.
I have 2 original Falcon kits.
Now THAT is junk! Lol..
I'm actually reworing the entire thing. Lots of resin, scraping all of the pipes off the Hull...
Led's.... its come a long way but still a lot to do....

I have 2 original Falcon kits.
Now THAT is junk! Lol..
I'm actually reworing the entire thing. Lots of resin, scraping all of the pipes off the Hull...
Led's.... its come a long way but still a lot to do....
It looks alright from the top and bottom. If they would retool the sidewalls, the cockpit interior, and a few other things like better figures, then they could have a pretty decent, very large Falcon kit that would sell well. I have Revell's re-issued Battlestar Galactica Base Star kit. They added some newly-tooled parts and it looks fantastic. It would be nice if MPC could do the same with their old Falcon kit.

Hey team,

I just got mine. I knew it would be a reissue, meaning that the detail and fit would not be up to modern standards. But this thing is a piece of junk. Tons of flash all over it and the styrene looks and feels awful. I would not mind a reissue kit with zero updates, and crappy manufacture if it were not $35 (for a 1/144 scale). I am new to the hobby, so maybe I just need to reset my expectations. But I can't see buying another one of Round 2/MPC reissues. I might just be spoiled by Bandai. However, they are reissuing these kits into a market place where the competition *is* Bandai. if I am being unfair feel free to smack me into line though (gently).
Comparing anything to Bandai is like comparing your grandmother to the hottest girl you ever saw. It's just cruel! Bandai are near uncontested in the plastic kit game and very few companies can compete with them on a technology scale. They're pushing the boundaries constantly while other companies are struggling to find third party casters and get molds made.

Latest posts

Back