Welcome one and all

a friendly hi to all from a swiss-guy living now in kentucky.

thanks scott for this forum and your videos.

Welcome Matti! Thanks for registering. Looking forward to seeing some of your builds!

Woo Hoo!! Noew forum! Still has the like new smell. Well here I am...on the other forums I go by Asmenoth.

;D

Excellent and welcome Tim! Good to have you. Looking forward to seeing your builds!

Salutations from the Pacific Northwest! I haven't built a model in 25 years, and recently decided to get back into it. I stumbled across SMA videos when I think there was like 4 episodes. I had such a good time and have been inspired to build. When my daughter finds the cord to the camera, I'll up load my first completed model. I have 2 in progress, and can't wait to start some more!

I will second the Pacific Northwest (am about 50 miles or so south of Shark)...

Used to build armor (Panzers mostly) but between Scott and the Kamloopian I have started to do some odd stuff. Like Pig Cabana Boys and wells.... long story.

Hope to see some really nice stuff, and considering some of the names I see that will be easily done.

Bob

Well I'm originally from ILL, I currently reside in Hawaii. I'm in the military so I move a lot(every 3 years). Mostly a SCI-fi guy but venture into other areas as needed.

Im glad to be here and will continue to have fun and watch the vids.

Hi Scott,
excellent work, i am all signed up and raring to go. I only modeled ww1 and ww2 aircraft, but since watching your show over the last few months SMA has opened my eyes. Scifi, scratchbuild, kitbashing, lighting kits, etc . I hadn't built anything for 29yrs and now the worlds my oyster. I have a few things on the bench at the mo, so will post pics asap.

Nice one, top one!
Cheers Joolz.

Hello Scott and G'day fellow nerds.

Im Charlie from Moncton ,New Brunswick, Canada, a mere 56 kms (35 miles) south of the SMA Studios.

I've been building models since I was a wee 6 year old and remember the great selection of models at places like Simpsons-Sears, K-Mart and Woolco. My first model ever was a 1/72 Matchbox F-86E Sabre with I painted in a very psychedelic scheme using about every color from my older brother's testors paint collection. Im 42 now and my painting talent has improved a little bit, but Im staying away from the psychedelic stuff.

Anyways, Thanks for the great hangout Scott and looking forward to interacting with all of ya.

ps Hello to my fellow ARCers Jack Swiss and Frank Steffens. Cheers from Charlie Cheetah!

Hi scott and all ,

I'm jean-christophe, 43 , from France.

Nice to have a new forum now.

Hey!
(Putting a bit of Michigan spin on G'day)
Mac is here!
Been modeling for over 40 years, started around the age of 10 so that makes me half a century.
Retired from the US Coast Guard as a Rescue Swimmer, but also served as a helicopter Flight Mechanic/hoist operator and a bit of Fixed Wing time too.
Currently looking for a job that doesn't require me to work, not much success there.
My interests range from armor to aircraft in 1/48th, Open wheel racing cars in any scale available and not too expensive, and some 1/35th armor I get as gifts because nice people think a model is a model. ;D (Got the King Tiger for the build Scott! ;))
Living here in The upper part of lower Michigan where the snow has just left for the annual three month summer season. Which isn't that bad as my other hobby is hockey, watching, mostly now, but I can stand in front of the net and play goalie for the roller hockey drop in games.
Oh, and anything I say (write), is not meant to offend anyone, sometimes I just can't type in my warped sense of humor ;D

Hello,
My name is Mike Veasy; I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I have been modeling for 40 -45 years. After battling some heath problems, I’m starting to really get back into it. I must say viewing Scotts Video’s has accelerated my motivation. I proudly wear my Scale Model Addict T-Shirt everywhere!! I like Aircraft, but my primary love is Real Space, I recently picked up a bunch of Fine Mold star War kits. I’m currently re-working an old 1/48 Lindbergh Stearman. I plan on posting some in progress photo’s shortly……Mike

Hello, my name is Dan Trescott, I currently reside in Eugene, OR. Been modeling since I was about 5 (my Dad and I built the old MPC Vader Tie) so that makes it 30 years (wow.. :eek:)

My modeling interest are across the board, I have armor, military planes, and sci-fi, all in various scales.

Hi all, my names rich but everyone just shortens my username to blitz so its sort o stuck and i just sign as blitz now ;D I just do scifi at teh moment when real life (TM) lets me. Been doing a lot of junk builds of late using found items and putty, LOTS of putty ,skip diving is my other hobby :D I'll post an example in the appropriate place.

Just to echo everyone else about the site Scott, plus Its a great way of bringing modelers from the different branches together and inspiering them to try something new.

Blitz

Hi...I am Robi from Slovenia that little country near Italy. I am almost 16 years old. I am a beginner in this...but i`m interested in all kind of boats and planes...scale to me isn't important...and sorry if my English is bad. :D

Scott thank you for setting up this forum and you do good videos. ;D ;D

Hey Roby and everyone else. I am looking forward to future builds posted here. And of course to new SMA episodes. Woo.

Hi gang!

I'm Phil and have been doing kits since the age of 14 and kitbashing/scratchbuilding since 21 and loving it. Have been a member of various clubs and societies in my earlier years but since moving down to the south of england there don't seem to be much interest so it's nice to be part of something again with people that share a common interest. Oh by the way, I build sci-fi hardware, weaponry and ships and most of it can be seen here: http://incrediblefruit.googlepages.com/home

Happy modelling guys and "Hi Blitz"

Latest posts

Back