Wee-wee in my eyes...

tigrazor

audentes fortuna iuvat.
Oh what a day...

:eek:

Hanky, anyone?!

When I was a teenager, I used to model planes, like most other male modellers (some say, they still do - weird!). Everybody started building planes or at least tanks, I guess. Due to some moves, other hobbies etc. I gave it up one day and specialized on figures, dioramas etc.

When I visited my old hometown today, where some of my stuff is located that isnt needed right here, I had a look on something I could sell at Ebay or something. The old Manga collection for example. Im done with that. But my uncle gave me the hint taht in the 2nd floor of the old factory building where my stuff is located there would be a surprise. I didnt knew what he meant and then he showed me:

Almost all planes from my very modelling past are still there. Dusty and some are incomplete but theyre still there. So I sat there for a while and felt something between irritated and amused - seeing all that models.

And even some so long kits believed lost were there (anyone interested in a KangNam Su 27?! :D ) - even the famous model of a Fw 190 D-9 (Dragon, if I remember that right) was there - it landed on a heater cause someone asked "Is it able to fly?!". And the Academy P-47 "Eileen" and so forth.

Most of the models are not completed or broken somehow, but I could make some pictures if you want to see them. :D

Yeah, post up some pics!

I remember my first few models, though I have no pics. I know now that they were likely a horrible train wreck, but in my eyes (back then) they were perfect!

Where does that unconditional love for our work go?

Okay it can take a few days or maybe weeks until I get back to the place, but Ill keep that in mind. ;)

Latest posts

Back