Weathering Washes

kiwi gav

Hi ya all

was wondering does anyone make thier own large batch of weathering wash and keep it in a bottle or make as required?

This could be with a paint wash or oil,, whatever anyone uses

Gav

I use AK Interactive products, not that you couldn't make a batch of your own.

I simply don't use enough to merit a big batch and the AK stuff works great.

Hi, Gav! Yes, I make batches of washes ("Batches? We ain't got no batches!"), because I've found it useful to keep enough of a wash beyond the completion of any given build, mostly black and brown shades. I use craft store acrylics for these washes, and store them in little plastic jars that a friend of mine found in a thrift store and gave to me.

I use oils for washes, too, but those I make up on the fly.

I also grind my own pastel chalks and store the colors I use more frequently. Colors I don't use as frequently, I grind on the fly.

Hope that helps!
Brad

Im the same as Scott ...AK Interactive , all the colours you need are there ,no messing about mixing ,and they work great ....a bottle lasts a loooooong time :)

Chris.

I used to have a few of my own washes, and filters... just Windsor Newton oil paint and some mineral spirit in a bottle, it worked well enough but seemed to break down over time. It was cheap enough, I'd just dump it and put some fresh oil and spirit and use it for a while but my mixes weren't always consistent.

Having them pre made seems a lot less work, every time you open it it's the same and the bottle last way longer than my home brewed stuff used to.

Latest posts

Back