Vallejo Wash HELP!

eightfooticeman

I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem. I applied a black Vallejo wash, undiluted and let it DRY on two of my aircraft models. The models were sprayed with Future before the wash was applied. I can t wipe this stuff off to save my life, I used a cotton swab and some ISO but that is attacking the paint. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

I don't have any of the wash to try anything, however since both are an acrylic trying to remove the wash is likely to do the same to the underlying Future.

Having said that, how long did the Future have to cure before applying the wash? and even if the wash is dry it might not be fully cured... if it was me, i'd try vallejo airbrush cleaner to see if it shifts the wash and get it rinsed off the model before it could start into the Future....

All I have ever done to take the extra wash off is a Q-tip (cotton bud) just wet (really more just damp) in my mouth, and gently rubbed around the area where you want to take the wash off. Came off for me no problem, actually too easily sometimes.

Thanks for the reply guys. The Future has been on the models for about 4 days before I applied the wash. I will try the airbrush thinner idea. I really laid this wash down thick so it will take some work to remove it.. I guess a lesson is learned in everything :'(

How long did you leave the wash to dry?
I normally have it on light and for a short time but I'm easily distracted and often wonder how long I have :)

Latest posts

Back