USPS. How incompetent can the get?

B

Black Sheep 1

OK, so I buy these two kits on eBay ( yes Spud two more), coming from Korea.
The seller ships them right away registered mail and sends me a tracking number.

So I track my items online via the USPS website and it tells me the items arrived in the US on Feb 9th. At the ICS New York ( that's the sorting center ).
So here it's the 17th and still no delivery.

I called the USPS Customer Service Number and the info they give me is the same that is online.
The tell me the cannot give me any info on why the item is on hold. In order to get that info, the sender in Korea must open an inquiry. Can you believe that crap?
It doesn't make any seance.

Grrrrrrrr!

This is why I don't like USPS. Their tracking system usually tells me that a package was just being shipped on the day the mail man hands it to me at the door. Worthless. This is the usual state for USPS tracking.

Another time a package got lost in transit for a few days and they told me it was delivered. The recipient told me that they got it two weeks after tracking said it was there.

The NY depot is their Customs location, I have had a few parcels heading stateside that got hung up in there for awhile. It will eventually get to you, but the USPS Customs is actually slower than the CP Canada Customs (hard to believe I know).

Seems strange though that they would ship it to NY when it was coming from Korea, you would think they would have a depot on the west coast as well instead of shipping it across the country for a point of entry.

Elm City Hobbies said:
The NY depot is their Customs location, I have had a few parcels heading stateside that got hung up in there for awhile. It will eventually get to you, but the USPS Customs is actually slower than the CP Canada Customs (hard to believe I know).

Seems strange though that they would ship it to NY when it was coming from Korea, you would think they would have a depot on the west coast as well instead of shipping it across the country for a point of entry.

Not really, there are several direct flights arriving here from Korea so a lot of cargo and mail comes here directly.

POB.JPG

Quaralane said:
And people wonder why no one wants to use the post office anymore?

Yeah no kidding.
I got into an argument today with our local carrier.
I live in an apartment building in NYC.
The old carrier that had our delivery route retired.
So now we have a series of carriers ranging from a lady from Ghana to your average white guy and all in between (this is NYC after all).
We the tenants are all tired of getting our mail delivered to the wrong boxes all the time.
In my case, the lady that used to live in my apartment moved to a two bedroom apartment one floor down.
But the idiotic carrier keeps delivering her mail to my box.
So Monday morning I'll be calling his boss at the station.

Oh BTW......the kits from Kore were suddenly delivered to my UPS Store drop box late this afternoon.
(and they don't deliver late on Saturdays!).

To some extent I have to agree, on numerous occasions the tracking system has proved less than efficient - to use an analogy, sometimes I feel that I could probably get better tracking with a carrier pigeon. But honestly, the majority of the time, my experience with the infamous USPS is generally satisfactory - at least when ordering within the states.

I ordered a few items from a German cardmodel vendor 5 days ago, and since then, its arrived - at least from what USPS tracking gives me - at the Sorting Center in NYC. That was 2 days ago, and I read somewhere that USPS won't update tracking after a package has reached the ISC until said package arrives at the recipient's local PO - which is rather unsettling :-\.

I moved from out in the country to a house in town limits. Every time I order from another country I used to get the packaged delivered right to my door with a signature. Now that I live in town they don't even attempt to deliver it, just stick a note in the mailbox saying the package is at the post office and to either call or walk in with the receipt and pick it up. >_>

I better stop here before I go on a two page tangent on USPS and their efficiency.

Latest posts

Back