Using Future as a gloss

RedDragon62

Just trying to build a decent model
Are there any tips on using Pledge with Future shine as a gloss? I've tried it once and had some horrible results.

I assume you are using it in an airbrush?

Multiple light coats, about 20psi.

Last time I glossed a car with it I think I did 4-5 coats before I was finished. If you end up getting a run, sit it on a piece of paper towel, and the run will wick off, and self leveling properties will smooth it out, you can then go back once it is dry and put more coats on as needed.

Elm City Hobbies said:
I assume you are using it in an airbrush?

Multiple light coats, about 20psi.

Last time I glossed a car with it I think I did 4-5 coats before I was finished. If you end up getting a run, sit it on a piece of paper towel, and the run will wick off, and self leveling properties will smooth it out, you can then go back once it is dry and put more coats on as needed.

Thanks for the tip.

I think I went wrong when I only added one coat. It "Seemed" wet enough and when I started the weathering process, well lets just say it looked terrible and I couldn't remove the pin wash without removing the base coat. I'll be careful not to do that again.

I put a little windex in it to releve surface tension works great.

also sometimes when my en result dosent look perfect (while wet orange peel look) i spray a think coat of windex over the wet future. This getyou a baby bum smooth finish

Orange peel look to your future means you just don't have enough on it to be a really smooth surface. Probably good enough of a gloss coat on armor or aircraft to do weathering however.

Latest posts

Back