Uschi van der Rosten / Knotless wood grain decals

Chris S

Its a bit like being handcuffed to a lunatic !
Hi Folks ,

Just had a package arrive from Alex at Uschi Van Der Rosten containing their new 'Knotless' wood effect Decals .

The set comes with two decal sheets ,one is 'Rich effect the other is 'Pale ' , and also contains a full colour leaflet giving instructions on how to use the decal to get the best from it .
This looks like a quality product ,The decal is very finely printed and the wood grain looks fantastic .

DSCF1597.jpg

I will be doing a full review and 'How to ' here on the site very soon , and this will be followed by a Full build in a future issue of the new Scale Model Addict magazine .

www.scalemodeladdictmagazine.com

Stay tuned :)

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Hey there Chris,

Hard to tell from the photo, but do you think these would be decent decals for doing woodgrain for the boards in the back of a pickup truck? I know the scale is to 1/32, so maybe a little small for 1/24-1/25.

Hi Scott ,

Sorry the photo was taken quickly I will be looking at it closer very soon . But the decal does from 1/72 to 1/32nd But I reckon it still wouldnt look out of place on 1/24 especially if its planks .:)

Chris.

Yip ,will cut down the waiting time for oils to dry too . Also ,using different colours and preshades below the decal any number of different effects can be created :)

Chris.

SCOTT ,

Check this out. USCHI also makes a Wood Grain set for 1/24th scale Woodies. A Big sheet just like th others. It has some Awesome Wood Grain in it !! It's #WGW-1 fits 1/25th-1/35th . It comes with 2 sheets & a great lil' tutorial on applying them to a Woody kit & even making the surfboard that come with th 'Ol school kit !!

CHRIS - I'm lookin forward to th build !! Great review !

I've used this set to replicate a wood grain Stock on My 120mm Nacht~ Jager figure - holding a MP44 !

Latest posts

Back