U.S. Half Track Mortar Carrier WIP

Artillery Question

Good Day Folks,

The Half-Track is coming along, however I have a question. How do I finish (paint) the artillery in the back, also what to do with the shells, shell case, cannon balls, and other stuff like the 4 shovels?

7693829666_740e44486a.jpg

Thanks in Advance,

-Steven

Looking good. You'll have to detail paint all that stuff, with a brush most likely. Pretty hard job to mask all that and use an airbrush.

Getting the color correct shouldn't be too difficult...but I'm not the guy to say what should be what. I would think the shells are some shade of gold/brass....

I'm not sure about some of the stuff you mentioned, like the cannon balls and four shovels?

Anyway, all those cylindrical objects you see in the racks are the fiber tubes that held the mortar rounds, they were a pressed black paper tube, it kind of had the finish of roofing felt paper.

post-75-1178359450.jpg

Click this link for a modern color photo, it's too big to post here...

http://www.bloodybucket.com/Weapons%20Company/m2%20mortar%20pic/CIMG4092.JPG

Excellent reference pictures, thanks a bunch for the replies, especially the color one! I also received this website as a reply on another forum http://www.mortarsinminiature.com/USM21.htm. This is truly a wonderful community of modelers! I am working on a build blog, that will tie all this information, for future reference.

Thanks again all, for the kind words, and reference information!

-Steven

Good day Folks!

Well, all the sprus have been cleared! Now for the next chapter into uncharted territory, the finishing touches. This part has me scared LOL, and I still need to put in my order with AK interactive. I am also planning out the diorama part, I have a few idea's from looking at pictures. Will post some pictures soon, she isn't pretty at the moment, and there are a few flaws, but all in all, I think I did good for my first attempt at armor.

-Steven

Latest posts

Back