Trumpeter F4F-3 Wildcat

I

Ialarmu

Here it is guys, Somewhat of an artistic licence on the paint colour but I was going for a really oxidized look as this was now a Guadalcanal land based aircraft.

I've never been a huge fan of the Wildcat, but this one looks exceptional, the weatering is perfect, exactly as I would imagine they would have looked like after baking a few months in the hot South Pacific sun.

Wow, pretty serious work there! That looks like a big kit! You got to love rivets to build that baby?

Nice effect on the faded paint! Good job!

schweinhund227 said:
Wow, pretty serious work there! That looks like a big kit! You got to love rivets to build that baby?

Nice effect on the faded paint! Good job!

Yeah Trumpeter sure do love their heavy details.

Just to let you all know my Wildcat one first prize out of 76 entries over at Promdellers "War in the Pacific" group build. Quite a compliment for me I was completey blown away. ;D

Ialarmu said:
Just to let you all know my Wildcat one first prize out of 76 entries over at Promdellers "War in the Pacific" group build. Quite a compliment for me I was completey blown away. ;D

it does not surprise me, this thing looks absolutely incredible with all the detail, and the weathering.

Latest posts

Back