Trumpeter 1/35 JGSDF Type99 HSP

hummingbird

Hello awesome people.

Right... so I have here another finished kit for you following after the little gem DANA. This here is one of Trumpeter's best. Retailing at £29.99, this beautiful gal comes in a large box with no fewer then 200 parts and a fret of PE and ( surprise, surprise !! ) with separate rubber tires for the wheels.

I painted this beautiful gal in Tamiya. A friend who is also building this and me spent alot of time trying to narrow down the best brand for the colour but I ended up settling for the Tamiya JGSDF Brown and Dark Green. As I have painted the Type90 and Type10 with the Tamiya colours, I am more comfortable with those colours.

For weathering, I kept it rather clean apart from the various shades of mud and many streakings. I am very very weak in making streakings and since this baby offer a lot of nicely angled surfaces, I though I'd give streakings another try. I used a grey colour streaking wash which I applied following a friend's suggestion; that is to streak them from bottom to up. I let it dry and apply another gloss and put on streakings that go top to bottom using oil; a total of 5 different oil colours were used. I am really happy with how all the streakings came out. Doing the streakings on the DANA really helped me improved and did a proper job on this.

I debated for a long time on the mud and I decided to go for the dried mud and slightly more wet muds to depict the vehicle going on a field that is slightly damp. I saw a lot of pictures showing this moving around damp fields so I decided to go for that.

P1150711b.jpg

P1150710b.jpg

P1150713b.jpg

P1150712b.jpg

P1150723b.jpg

P1150722b.jpg

P1150721b.jpg

P1150720b.jpg

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos ( many more) can be found on my blog -
http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/trumpeter-135-jgsdf-type99-hsp.html
Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have. C&C are welcomed. Just be gentle... LOL.

Until the next launch .

Latest posts

Back