Tristar Flakpanzer 38t (finished!)

Bizarre

Hello everyone. I will participate with Flakpanzer that I started to build. Check the images later today!

Re: Tristar Flakpanzer 38t

Hi Bizzare ,Welcome to the site :D, nice choice of kit ,I look forward to the pics ...might even kickstart me into getting mine out of the bax again .....sometime ;D

Chris.

thanks for warm welcome!
I started the kit on 1st of May and I plan to add some PE upgrades to exterior - fenders and hatches. Otherwise it is a truly amazing kit - very well detailed interior and quality of detail is great! I compared the Flak gun to what is in Dragons box and Tristar is far superior, IMHO.

So, here is my progress.

Glued fuel tanks and some other stuff.
5d2043de566f.jpg

The engine.
73239020067c.jpg

Driver's seat. Really enjoyed the textures on the seat.
a887b560a611.jpg

Flak gun - was a bit difficult due to a lot of small parts and some errors in the instructions (wrong numbers).
117b72c5a84b.jpg

Now comes the fun part - gear box had plenty of PE and is extremely detailed! There was an option to make some parts of it movable, but I think that is not necessary. Who will move them after the hull is glued?

50f333251dd5.jpg
08d375ff7c5e.jpg

Glued gear box and drivers seat as well as left side of the hull.
3f3d912497e1.jpg

Tomorrow I plan to prime interior and hopefully paint it the day after. That's all by now. Feel free to comment.

Looks great, a nice clean build so far. I'll keep watching, can't wait to see more pics :)

DId someone say Paint???? Nice progress so far! Some great detail here. Keep up the great work! ;D

TRM said:
DId someone say Paint???? Nice progress so far! Some great detail here. Keep up the great work! ;D
yes, I have to paint before going further, otherwise it will be not possible to get in drivers compartment.

Panzerman75 and Quaralane, thanks for feedback!

Seems like a nice little kit. Do you know what colour/camo you are going with?

noname said:
Seems like a nice little kit. Do you know what colour/camo you are going with?
base would be dark yellow and on top of that I want to make white wash,
Flakpanzer38t2cm6.jpg

here I am again ;)
Primed interior yesterday with Tamiya grey primer, waited 24 hours and today painted a bit. White and field gray - airbrushed, rest done with a paint brush. Did a dark wash, some filters on white panels and painted driver's seat.
Still need to do some weathering and add small details.

4102dad7ea66.jpg

Looking pretty awesome there! Lovin' the seat buddy. It's really coming to life! Keep up the great work! ;D

Latest posts

Back