Tracks for Dragon M3A1?

Jdog71

Ni!
I'm having a heck of time getting the hard plastic tracks onto my Dragon M3a1 (kit 6332). They're just one piece, molded...no individual links, no flexibility at all. Anyone know if there is a rubber version of these tracks, or an equivalent that I can use? I don't want to force the tracks on and bend the plastic.

Re: Hard Plastic Tracks on Dragon M3A1

I don't know - not much help.

Shoot a PM over the Scott Millican, Elm City Hobbies - he's know if there is something available.

There's several A/M sets out there. Some of the indi-link sets are even workable. I prefer the Friulmodel kits myself, but I've also used nice sets from ModelKasten, MW, Tamiya and AFV Club.

Guys if you look up the kit number he posted, #6332 you will see that it's a half track and not a tank, so indi-links wouldn't make any sense for this vehicle since the real tracks are a continuous loop of vulcanized rubber over separate steel links and guide wires. (SEE ATTACHMENT BELOW VIDEO)

No one makes any tracks for these vehicles (other than some old resin copys of the crappy 1970 Tamiya tracks)and IMO the Dragon tracks are awesome, once you get the hang of how they work. I have a short video on how I mount/dismount these tracks and it's not too hard once you've done it a few times.

Hope this helps Jdog.

Working with DML US half track bogie and track assemblies

[attachment deleted by admin]

Great stuff Ken! Another video for TIPS!

They look alot like the tracks on a Bobcat excavator.

ScaleModelMadman said:
Guys if you look up the kit number he posted, #6332 you will see that it's a half track and not a tank, so indi-links wouldn't make any sense for this vehicle since the real tracks are a continuous loop of vulcanized rubber over separate steel links and guide wires. (SEE ATTACHMENT BELOW VIDEO)

No one makes any tracks for these vehicles (other than some old resin copys of the crappy 1970 Tamiya tracks)and IMO the Dragon tracks are awesome, once you get the hang of how they work. I have a short video on how I mount/dismount these tracks and it's not too hard once you've done it a few times.

Hope this helps Jdog.

Working with DML US half track bogie and track assemblies

This is outstanding...thank you very much! I owe you a beer.

Your build of the M2/M4 was one of the primary reasons for me choosing this particular kit. I'll give this a shot tomorrow.

No worries, I have all of Dragons HT's and I've built all of them at least once 'cept the M21 mortar carrier. If you have any questions just ask man, I love these things.

I should say though that the way the small road wheel clusters assemble, they wont last that process too many times, the aren't that great of a design and I learned the hard way the first time building this kit. I make the bond much better with some evergreen rod and a pin vise.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latest posts

Back