Tracking #'s are EVIL

adampolo13

Just want to say that Tracking Numbers are EVIL. I can't stand it, every 5 minutes I have to check! Ahhh...

Okay, rant over now.

I should warn you that if you have a USPS number it's not a true tracking number. They only have to update it after they deliver it hence the name "delivery confirmation."

Dusky said:
I should warn you that if you have a USPS number it's not a true tracking number. They only have to update it after they deliver it hence the name "delivery confirmation."

That all depends on how the parcel is sent....have had many tracking numbers of parcels shipped USPS that I could track all the way from the source to delivery, and all points in between.

Adam I think that Satan himself created tracking numbers intentionally just to drive guys like you and me nuts. Anytime I order anything my life revolves around checking the tracking number.

My favorite is when the package arrives on the porch and THAT night you get an email from the vendor that your package has shipped! Hahhaaaa!!!

Erik

mr lucky said:
My favorite is when the package arrives on the porch and THAT night you get an email from the vendor that your package has shipped! Hahhaaaa!!!

Erik

I had that happen once, except I received the email a week after I received the item.

letsgobrowns82 said:
Adam I think that Satan himself created tracking numbers intentionally just to drive guys like you and me nuts. Anytime I order anything my life revolves around checking the tracking number.

I wish it were limited to models but its not. I could order shoes for my wife and I would still be obsessed with the damn tracking number!!!

Elm City Hobbies said:
Dusky said:

That all depends on how the parcel is sent....have had many tracking numbers of parcels shipped USPS that I could track all the way from the source to delivery, and all points in between.

Yep, me too.

Can relate to this topic. Actually awaiting the delivery of a package that I paid for next day delivery. This was last Wednesday. The first person I talked too Thursday said it would be there by Friday at latest. The person I spoke with Friday said that it wasnt shipping till Friday and I would have it Monday. Waited for the package all day today from Fed Ex and no package. Tracked with the tracking # where it said Incorrect Delivery address. HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The lady read the address back to me and its CORRECT. They deliver to this address from the same Fed Ex location tons of time. So Im guarenteed it will be there by 11:30 tomorrow and am being refunded the cost of the overnight delivery charges.

Sometimes I think that Next Day from UPS or FedEx is a proper scam. There's always an excuse as to why they cant deliver and they cover their own butts with disclaimers in the shipping terms. Unless its an EMERGENCY, I never spring for rush shipping because I've learned the hard way its pretty much more $$$ for more diappointment :p

That being said, I am loyal and obedient to our Tracking # Overlords ;D

USPS tracking and USPS delivery confirmation are two different services at two different prices.

Delivery confirmation is good when you sell on ebay and want to avoid a person saying "I didn't get it" and getting their money back through paypal, it isn't intended to be used as door to door tracking.

Tracking, which costs more, will track the package at each stop, give time stamps etc. and also confirm delivery at the end of the trip.

I just received an important package through FEDEX over night an the tracking number allowed me to watch the package, in real time as it made it to the terminal, was loaded on the truck and then marked as in destination. Scheduled time was 12:00 noon delivery, it arrived at around 11:30. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones as I use these services almost daily and never have any problems. *knock on wood

I agree TBadger. That express shipping is way over priced for what it is and like you said they can get out of it with the disclaimers.

I finally received the package today at 11:12 AM. The driver gave me a bs excuse of he tried to deliver yesterday but ended up on some red barn road verses Red BANK road. Red Barn road doesnt even exist lol. Oh well, is the breaks I guess. I recieved the package so Im happy just got it about a week later then I was supposed too. They are refunding me the charges I paid to have overnight delivery.

Ken, I agree, most of the times I do get the package the next day or in two days whichever selected and paid for but this time unfortuantely it didnt work out for me. I also recieved a package that was shipped from Singapore in two weeks exactly after the sale date, so I consider that pretty fast shipping as well seeing it was shipped from Singapore and only took two weeks to arrive from the sale date.

I do like the USPS and Fed Ex tracking number track your package access as it lets you track the package like you said in real time from when the item was accepted from the shipper verses in transit, and actual delivery confirmation. Makes it nice. Its almost as cheap now days to ship UPS or Fed Ex or even a LTL shipping company such as UPS Freight, Roadway etc verses the Postal Service.

I'm tracking my victim's gift and my small order from SB. I can't help but keep checking.

they are pure evil while im watching the tv i keep checking the ipod for an update it drives the enemy mad she says

:mad:"watch the tv not the ipod" :mad:

Back