Tiny Titanic!

This looks so cool :)
Keep on working on it I really want to know how it looks in the end :)

I hope you can get her done on time, but I know she'll look sharp when she's finished.

And I feel your pain on losing the parts to the carpet monster

Keep at it, UNderlord!
You're almost there!
Cheers,
Guido

John, if you don't give up on the Brakiri, Mercury 9, and the Falcon, I have no excuse to give up on the Titanic! She won't sink me!

Biskup: I feel the same every time I light her up! Taking a bit of a break to check up on other entries then it's back to the grind to get her finished for the contest.

LrdSatyr8: Modeling is an artform, and artists are always the most critical of their own work. I'm looking at her with 4x optivisors, so I see all the boo-boos... When I look at the on-line pictures she does look much better LOL!

Quaralane: The carpet monster be damned! I think my next tiny-parts build will force me to buy a white apron to tuck under my cutting mat!

Tailor: True, only a few dozen more parts, then a few dozen or so photo-etch railings to go! *cringe*

Thanks to my wife not feeling like heading to the lake to tool around on my dad's new party barge, we stayed home... and while she napped, I've been slaving on the Titanic!

She's on the stand, and the power is wired up to the wall wart. I've picked out the letters so they show up better...

Untitled by anguscubed, on Flickr

I've got the life boats on... but I noticed I have some touch-up paint to do on the windows behind them...

A few more parts to put on, then it will be decals and photo-etch railings!

Eee Gads!

I really should have waited to connect the power ... That's right folks, the power cord wrapped around my size 14 doofus shoes, and SANK THE TITANIC!

Ugh! After glueing in all the fiddly bits, but thankfully not the photo-etch, she took a fall about 2 feet to the floor.

She's a tough ship! It probably helps that I've mostly been using "Same Stuff" welding glue... but a few places I didn't, and thats where she fell apart. Both the bow and stern areas have pieces that "had" railings molded in, but I had ground them off. Those pieces were tacked in with superglue and popped off. Of course they are all that was holding the bow and stern decking in place, so those pieces dislodged.

Thankfully, the carpet monster was full, and didn't swallow them! I've re-built the bow, but because these pieces are supposed to go on before the upper deck, there are some fit issues. I'm probably set-back about 3 hours to re-build the bridge area and fill in some light leaks caused by stress fractures. I'm still going to shoot for completion, but this one really hurt! The good news is I had finished almost all of the fiddly-bits before this happened. Once these repairs are made, I've got to install the screws (propellers), and the photo-etch railings. It is sure going to be down to the wire!

Repairs complete! I've been working from home so I can sneak in lunch-time build time, and today I finished getting her back to where she was.
8884781207_0982ebd68a.jpg

I gave her a touch-up paint job, filling in light leaks with Mr. Surfacer 500, then masking off black and white sections... and tonight I got started with the photo-etch railings.
8884754205_df8d5ba38c.jpg

BACK IN THE GAME! Muahahahahaha!

Oh my goodness... I hate when I do that... I don't know how many good models I had started that became subpar from an accidental fall, drop or glass full of tea spilling on them. But you're way ahead of me bro... this really look awesome!

Quaralane said:
That has to be some TINY etch for those railings

5 rails in 1/4" ... I have no idea how I'm going to paint these without getting bubbles between the rails. I'll try masking and airbrushing I guess!

Good recovery from the drop Underlord, this has to be the best Titanic Build I've seen on that scale, The PE & lights are great

J

It's 10:21pm on Friday... and I'm DONE!

8907558959_8678f58911.jpg

8908182168_db3acd10f4.jpg

8908275882_590e635970.jpg

8908276936_0279aac177.jpg
Ok, so I took my beauty shots, and even set her up on the book-shelf... now I'm looking for the submission form, and WHAT!?!?! The contest is extended until the 7th!? Did I mention that it's 10:23pm and I have to leave at 4:30am for a fishing trip!? MAN I wish I saw the extension earlier! *sigh* Oh well... she's DONE Anyway!

I guess I'll leave the video editing until tomorrow after the fish are all safely packed in the freezer :)

It turned out very nice!
... and you get double commended for finishing up within the original time limits!
Cheers,
Guido

(Inspired by your build I have gotten myself Titanic's sister the RMS Olympic)

Latest posts

Back