Tiger 1 experts, advice needed!

SatchboogieUK

Hi guys,

I'm currently modelling Hobbyboss' 1/16th mid production tiger 1 (pics in the armour section very soon) and I have a few questions about the mid tiger and it's combat history;

Am I correct in thinking that the mid production tiger was in operation by early 1943?
I have bought the Kharkov commander and loader for my tiger by S&T productions, but I'm not sure if by February/march 1943 there would have been any mid tigers in Kharkov. Would it be more likely that they would have been early tigers at that time?

Does anyone have any information or pictures regarding mid production tigers during the third battle of Kharkov? (I have searched the net but haven't had any luck)

I have seen photos of mid tigers with winter whitewashes and that's what I want my tiger to look like, but I don't have a clue where to start with divisional markings etc... So if anyone has any info or pictures for me regarding specific tigers in operation in or around Kharkov in the first months of 1943 I'd be really grateful!

Finally, I want to model this tank as though it's been through hell, so I'm hoping that at this stage of the war, mid production tigers wouldn't be too new.

Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Jonny.

Latest posts

Back