The Opel Admiral

panzerace007

Hey Guys,

The Admiral Opel was in production from 1938-'39. It also saw some action in th WWII, as some of these were "requisitioned" by th German Army & given to the Officers in th Wehrmacht & Luftwaffe . This is a Pre-War example. I did a Build review for AMPS & you can check that out - http://www.amps-armor.org/ampssite/reviews/showReview.aspx?ID=1863&Type=FB

It was finished with AlClad. I shot the Body with AlClad Black Primer , Gloss Black Base , misted 2 coats of Chrome ( taped off the pieces that would stay - Body Chrome , Grill ) Misted 2 coats of AlClad Aqua Gloss Clear to protect th Chrome & Then Shot AlClad Transparent Red . The Same treatment was given to the Wheels. In hindsight , I would have painted the Rims off of th Car, as the White Walled Tires were a P.I.A. especially around th rims , but Live & Learn !

The Interior was painted with Vallejo Burnt Cad. Red & German Camo Beige - Off of the Car & covered in 2 misted coats of Future . The lil Chrome bits are AlClad

AdmiralQuarterFrontRegShot.jpg

AdmiralRearQuartershotClose.jpg

AdmiralFrontheadon.jpg

Admiralinteriorshot.jpg

AdmiralRagTop.jpg
To make the Convertible Boot, I used a wrapper from a Klondike Bar ( Heath Toffee flavor- as it's th only one that has th texture in it ! ) It was then painted with Vallejo Canvas , dry brushed with Vallejo German Camo Dark Green , Dry brushed with Vallejo German Camo Beige .

DSC08382.jpg
The inclusion of the Decals for the Hub Caps was a Great touch for ICM in this kit !!

WOW that is swtt panzer, that al lad stuff sure is sweet

What a great looking car :D and an excellent finish . I like what you did with the Alclads ,must try that sometime , bit of a candy effect yes !

Chris.

Hey GUYS,

Thanx for th kind words !!

@CHRIS - Yeah, I was really Diggin' what th AlClad was givin' me ! I thought it came out lookin really nice !!

@ FT - Thanx , I love working with that Fiol wrapper. Once you part it away from the Wax paper backing, th Foil is less than a 1/16th of an Inch. It really has a ton of uses !!

Thanx Again .... I forgot how much I like building cars !! ..... " I shall Return "

Wicked Opel Erik!!! Diggin The Finish You Got With The Alclad. Very Unique Build. Love It!!!

Came out pretty decent. Very original approach to the paint job. The convertible boot came out especially nice.

Great paint job, Erik. Really interesting take on this pre-war baby. It'd make more than a few of the purists over at the track joint scream about blasphemy and desecration seeing a metallic red kleiner showrodwagen. ;)

Latest posts

Back