The Nylon Gag MK.2 F1 Magneto Skimmer

The Nylon Gag

Greetings Herdsters,

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, just not been feeling it.
Firstly, I would like to wish everyone a very Happy new year and hope everyone had a groovy Christmas.

I've been really struggling the last few months since i finished the MK1, lost my mojo BIG time, I've been very depressed about this and really have been thinking hard and trying to decide what to do next but nothing was coming to me.

I had a few false starts on my Tamiya 1/12th Williams FW14B, I'm currentlyhalf way through the engine/rear end assembly, I guess its OK but I tend to put so much pressure on myself to get it right I get so stressed out and don't enjoy myself, I know about the completion not perfection thing, but it's just not that fun for me to building OOB I think.

Soooo, I decided that the only way around this was to go with my own design and scratch build something original again. ;D

I'm a big F1 fan so i thought about building an F1 like ship from about the same time period as The Nylon Gag MK1.

I found this concept ship on google and decided to use it as my inspiration

e_hovercraft_jet_ferrari_fighter_picture_image_dig.jpg

Not sure if i'm going to stay with Ferrari but we shall see.

Did a very basic sketch, so basic i'm ashamed to show you, but it was just to get the idea in my head, in intend to build this a little bit FREE STYLE BABY.

So, tonight was my first night at the bench and here's what we got.

This Tropicana fruit juice lid caught my eye and i thought it would make a perfect thruster nozzle

Picture%2520001.jpg

Made a hole in the center.

Picture%2520003.jpg

Found the internals on these pill bottle lids interesting so i popped out the middle and cleaned them up.

Picture%2520004.jpg

I think these are from some kind of baby product, my cousin gave them to me.
Popped a hole in the middle also.

Picture%2520005.jpg

Found these interestingly shaped raw plugs

Picture%2520006.jpg

Cut the top and bottom off these miniature brandy bottles.

Picture%2520008.jpg

And of course my old faithful mouthwash bottle cap, I still need to put a hole in it but i also want to put lights in the engines so i'm waiting until i can sort those out before i do.

Picture%2520010.jpg

Everything lined up nice.

Picture%2520016.jpg

And obviously this is just roughly assembled but you get the idea. This will be the insides of the engine with a fairing and lots of other details added around this center piece.

Picture%2520019.jpg

Picture%2520021.jpg

Nothing is glued yet, it just feels so good to be back at the bench.

Have no idea what's next but I'm sure it will come to me.

Stay tuned,

Take care.

Gagsterman

Glad to see you back and a merry Christmas and happy new year to you as well. I can see this is going to be a cool one to follow that's for sure :)

Isn't it wonderful when everything fits together so nicely. I'm loving this. The Tropicana lids are pure genius....mad, evil genius.

Nice to see you at it again, Gag.
This one looks like it could be even more fun that the last one

Glad to see you back!
Happy New Year to you too :)
Well, this looks already like a very promising start and I'm eagerly looking forward to see this nice racer taking shape!
Cheers
Klaus

Ok let me pull up a chair because this is going to be good!

Terry

I sense another epic scratch build son. Love the inspiration design too. The red is essential now that it's in everyone's head.

Happy New Year to you Nylon Gag.
After the incredible MK1, another awesome WIP !!
:eek:
Let's have a seat and have fun, looking at the scratchbuilding experience and dreaming I'll be able to ! (but not in this life ! ;)

and thanks a lot

eh up tayta,
there`s no pressure it`s just ya skill level it`s clean,unrushed and precise!!in the words of grace jones"take ya time and make me love ya good" can`t think if the name of the track but that is defo a lyric of the song!!!
dude....peza ;)

Always nice to see the cupboards and shelves raided before jumping online to buy stuff when scratch building.
I will deffinatley check back on this.

Hey... Do I know you from somewhere else btw? Keep it coming, this looks scha-weet!

Wow, No preasure

Thanks for all the support my friends, all the usual suspects along for the ride is see, and some others from fellow sites, welcome to free style modelling,

NO INSRUCTIONS jut one piece after another

To drunk to get to technical

SOOOOOOO pix

Drilled some holes

Picture%2520027.jpg

Cut tube to length

Picture%2520028.jpg

45 degrees

Picture%2520037.jpg

Picture%2520038.jpg

Punch a disc with holes

Picture%2520035.jpg