The Kit From EBAY Hell!

RedDragon62

Just trying to build a decent model
Picked this up from EBAY. Seller claimed it was unused and it perfect condition....Boy was he full of S@*#. The thing was a mess. Had one heck of a time trying to take some parts apart that had been glued by a three year old and fix alot of very deep gouges. Not perfect but it'll do I suppose.

Have a look at my kit from EBAY Hell...

[attachment deleted by admin]

sorry...still haven't figured this picture posting out yet....

[attachment deleted by admin]

This kit was in real bad shape when I got it. Deep scratch marks, glue everywhere, missing pieces, glass broken but I think it came out okay considering all the parts didn't fit right. From what I found online, this kit is notorious for ill fitting parts and such.

oh well....any tips and tricks or advice is always welcomed.

Thanks.......

From here it looks like you whipped it into shape ;D
Got any in progress photos ?

I didn't document this build. Don't know why..This would have been the perfect... "Dude got suckered on Ebay" tale!

Lol . Yeah ,, well all the issues don't appear to have deterred you much . :)
Airbrush ?
I've yet to build any Star Wars kits so I've never really considered scale . Is that figure shown to the same scale .
Reminds me of a B29 now .... bigger than I visualized .
....but now that I gander it , seems about right .
Keith

Thanks Uromomo...It presented some challenges but none that had me wanting to throw the darn thing out the window..( yeah right.) It was just frustrating having to take it apart and sand everything down etc. but what did I expect for 10 dollars? Got what I paid for.

Yes..It was airbrushed and I used an Black lamp Oil/Spirit wash to finish it off. I'm actually looking for another to try my hand at lighting it up. I've seen some really good mods done on this kit.

The figure was from another build I did. A Fine Molds 1:48 scale Tie Fighter. I wanted to add a wash to him before I set him on the stand

Umomo...Here's Vader's ship compared to the Fine Molds kit. It's bigger but I couldn't find a scale anywhere on the box. It's an older AMT/ERTL kit first tooled in the late 70's early 80's I believe. You can still find them online.

Well , if I scale just the circular 'windscreen' , assuming the two would be about the same , Vaders comes out to ~1:33 lol , so it's probably 1/35 .
So my eye is rite :) that figure looked too small .
Very Cool base ! How does that sit in there ? It's hard to tell in those photos ....

This kit (ERTL ) comes with two different ways to display the model. One is a stand if you decide to build the ship with the landing gear. The other is a circular piece of plexiglass about the size of a basketball and a stand it wedges into. The ship supposedly slides into the cutout in the plexiglass but it doesn't...( figures right? ) you have to dremel some of it to fit. I am looking for a picture online with the Death Star and a Imperial battle cruiser to affx to the glass so as to give the impression of Vader leaving his battle Cruiser

Ho Ho .! ; ;D Cool,
Definitely want to see that !.... That stand virtually disappears in the shot --nice .
Hope all your kits aren't diseased lol

LOL...Naw. So far the only real problem I've had was this one. It was what it was...A "Used" kit so I can't complain

What does the landing gear look like on these things ? Never thought about that .... don't think I've seen em not flying ...

Grendels said:
Nice save on this kit!

Thanks Grendel. I really thought it came out terrible. It's only my second "build" in many many years. But...after showing it to family and friends and my fellow modelers here. I am encouraged that my meager skills are evolving. BTW...Love your channel. Been watching all your videos on the YouTube and have picked up some great tips.

RedDragon62 said:
Grendels said:
Nice save on this kit!

Thanks Grendel. I really thought it came out terrible. It's only my second "build" in many many years. But...after showing it to family and friends and my fellow modelers here. I am encouraged that my meager skills are evolving. BTW...Love your channel. Been watching all your videos on the YouTube and have picked up some great tips.

Glad I could help out!

Cool. A common 1/35 German Officer might be easily converted as well. I really like this displayed with the figure.

Latest posts

Back