the future crap

I use flat acrylics, and based on what i have been reading its a must for washes and decals. It supposed to help with canopy's somehow too.

It helps with canopies by filling in the little imperfections in the plastic to make them clearer.

I use future on my headlight lenses, both inside before attaching and outside to give them a real clear, 'sparkle'.

I also use it on the individual gauges on the dash if applicable to make them really pop.

Future..... hummm Hell yeah !

a Must if you are in Aviation modelling ...
and yes it does help with Decals.... it can be use as a Carrier when painting figures... just a little bit !
and your paint glides... and can be feathered... but that's for hand painted figures that is....

Can't put a Canopy on an Airplane with out a Future BATH !!! it works wonders...

Although it smells nice when you SPRAY it on a Model to SHINE it For Decals purpose....
I recommend a MASK ! as Johnson and Johnson never intended for its formula to be atomized !!! so HEALTH and Safety first !!! gents !

Don't worry too much if you find your models DARKENING after being Sprayed with FUTURE>>>

They will return to their FLAT Appearance after you use your Favourite DULL Coat ! or Semi Gloss coat !

Don't Spray your CANOPIES... Plz !!! you need to DIP... then pull out slow ! and wick away the excess touching a corner of your piece... to a Scott Towel... or piece of paper... to draw away the Excess....

then REST under a clear bowl or somewhere they won't get contaminated with DUST till DRY !!!

You won't believe the difference in SHEEN !!

Enjoy !!!

I have to agree with Norm, I was amazed at how future improved the look of a canopy...

Latest posts

Back