The Duke

BJ you've seen the light my man. I over did my first figure by blending to much and made a mess like you said.
This time I backed off with the amount of paint to just specks and even then I found the need to wipe off the brush so I could blend even that much in.

We'll learn by and by
I need pictures btw ;D
Tony lee

Thanks guys ;D

Spud, The only parts I have glued yet is the hat to the head. I used super glue for that. I need to pick up some 5 min epoxy the next time I'm in town and will use that to attach the arm.

Tony, thanks ol buddy! Not much progress today for pics, I had a side job to do and I have to take the wife out on the town tonight. Hopefully I can spend some quality time with the duke tomorrow and get a few pics posted.

thanks bj i may try one some time, mabe when chris pulls out the finger and gets that other bust done! :p

Here's a small update for this week end.

The Scarf (I think its called a Cravat) and the vest is done. Base coated the blue shirt, and working on the eyes and hair.

IM005839.jpg

Nice work John ,thats looking very tidy mate ;)

spud said:
thanks bj i may try one some time, mabe when chris pulls out the finger and gets that other bust done! :p

((lol))....which one ;D

Chris.

Big J- the Duke is getting truly nice. I love the painting of the shirt, the vest and so...

I can´t wait to see the boots painted !

( Back in May 1.991 I bought a pair of these kinds of boots in El Paso, in a shop near the highway that comes from San Antonio, a great shop; they were made with a fantastic leather, almost yellow. Back at home I always carried these boots in the trunk of my "supercars", along with a backpack, a sleeping mat, and a maggot, but some m****r****** :mad: stole the whole kit when my car was parked... in the street !!!

Keep on, Big John, here we are on "Wacht-am-Duke" ;D
Cheers
RG

Jelly.

Stay tuned for the boots buddy. I'm planning on using oils for the boots to give them a toned leather look.

Here’s some detailed photos of where I’m at with the figure.

Its kind of hard to get my camera to cooperate with the lighting.

Pants have been base coated Humbrol Matt 94. This color will also serve as the under coat for the leather gun belt. I will paint the gun belt with oils.

IM005849.jpg

IM005846.jpg

duke-1.jpg

Just a shot of the paints and brushes.

IM005845.jpg

Thanks guys ;D

I'm really having fun with this, I look forward to coming home every night and doing a little painting.

Well hey there pilgrim !!! This is looking mighty fine John ,great work with the Humbrols ;)

Chris.

Yeah I know Chris, Not much bench time latly, but I have been making a little progress. I got slowed down with the dtail around the waist and pistol belt. I have the shading done on the trousers. I need to add high lights, and finish some detai painting on the belts. I also have the rifle base coated. Look for some update pics this week end.

;) Following this closely, Big-J. Can´t wait to see these beautiful leather cowboy boots!

Just take your time, Big-J. Don´t rush if you ain´t got enough time for "the bench".

Salud, Big J. ;)
RG

Latest posts

Back