The All New WAVE Raptor

Lincoln Wright

CIMG9911a.jpg

Autumn, 2886. In a an effort to delay the Mercenary Forces assault on Nu-Canberra, the defending Strahl forces were ordered to employ Scorch & Burn tactics, torching large swathes of bushland surrounding the already battle scarred capitol. Thick, choking smoke from stockpiles of old rubber tyres were set ablaze to reduce the effectiveness of Merc Air Superiority, reducing Air Support from Falke Squadrons and resulting in copious amounts of soot and ash falling in the city.

Despite these setbacks, elements from the 441st Armoured Infantry, the famed “Horned Owls” were able to punch through from the south, clearing a path for Merc reinforcements to compete the push and re-take the bitterly contested Nu-Canberra after 2 weeks of brutal fighting.

Here we see Christophe Olivier, an acting Corporal whom took over leadership of Sabre Squadron Bravo 2. Due to his squad leader being incapacitated and communications malfunctions, he found himself leading a formation 3 ranks above his own and acquitted himself admirably, receiving an acting First Sergeant rank immediately and a field Commission within weeks of this action.

Hello Scale Model Addicts, long time no see!

S.A.F.S MK III “RAPTOR” finished! Great feeling to finish this project must say, I love this new kit from WAVE and really look forward to doing another one. With the back story, the finish should explain itself – I wanted a dry and dusty looking suit that looks like it’s been fighting in both a dry and burnt environment.

The really short version of the build is that I based this finish on the idea that the blue plastic the kit comes in is the color of the ceramic armour, as it comes from the factory. Then in the field, the issued unit applies their own camo - in this case a base of Dark Earth with Chocolate Brown camo splotches. No rust on the armour but I did finish the muffler area as if it's a replaceable part that is metal - painted to look like the blue ceramic armour that has then had the paint both burnt off and oxidised a little. The overall finished and base is meant to represent a burnt and dusty environment.

Thanks for looking, hope you like this one.

Cheers,

Linc

http://www.scale120.com/?p=2956

(If the photos are too big/too many, happy to knock them down or just link to the blog, sorry in advance!)

CIMG9886a.jpg

CIMG9896a.jpg

CIMG9897a.jpg

CIMG9898a.jpg

CIMG9899a.jpg

CIMG9904a.jpg

CIMG9902a.jpg

CIMG9897b.jpg

CIMG9898b.jpg

Sweet!!! I am really itching to build one of these. I thinking about trying to scratch build one from all the car model parts I have ... lol

Jingles said:
ScarredKustoms said:
I thinking about trying to scratch build one from all the car model parts I have ... lol

DO IT!

They say that the best builds are the builds you build yourself... I think... ::)

convincing argument...i think.

@Lincoln W. - Great work on the Raptor. Looks sharp.

Hey Lin.K good to see you here, great work as always. I told you that many times but I will tell it again you are my Master :)
Cheers

I've got your website all ready bookmarked.
I'm in the middle of a Ma.K build myself. I use your site for motivation and inspiration.

Beautiful Linc. I love the depth you are able to achieve with your weathering.

Latest posts

Back