Thats a wrap ...

Chris S

Its a bit like being handcuffed to a lunatic !
Hi folks ,I've just started this thread over on Robs site www.Scratchmod.com ,but Im looking for opinions on this so I thought I'd ask you fella's too .
Some paint jobs are just impossible to create on small scale cars ,so I'd been thinking of trying to do a wrap using printed decals . I printed up some fancy decals in sizes to fit whole panels for the test subject ...a 32 coupe .Im not worried about the pattern at the minute ,just trying to get the decals to conform to the shapes ...which it appears to be doing :) I will be covering the whole body on this one ,just to try it out ...as it sits there is only three decals used .
Take a look and tell me what you think ...is it worth continuing ?

32coupe004.jpg

32coupe003.jpg

32coupe002.jpg

32coupe001.jpg

This is only the first test , but I would appreciate some honest opinions .
Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Hi Mike ...I'll take that as a yes ? :) Thanks buddy

Chris.

That is sweet Chris! It opens up a whole list of possibilities! ;D

Thanks fella's ,I'll crack on with testing then ;D I have another coupe body shot with gloss black which Im going to try a 'real' flame effect on ,should have it up later on ;D. One of the interesting things is ,if I print on clear decal paper and change the colour of the base paint it completey changes the whole look !!..Im havin fun with this ;D

Chris.

Thanks Mike ;D,still needs a bit of tweaking ,but I think im getting somewhere , hopefully have a flame job up tonight ;)

Thanks for the video amateurmodeler ...yeah its fun to do ,I do the odd wrap in my job ,its usually vans tho' .But thats why I had the idea ,just thought it would be fun to try and if it works there's some pretty funky stuff can be done ;D

Chris.

OFF-TH-CHAIN !!! :) :eek: :D ;D ;)

These look flawless !!! Awesome !! I say you passed the audition !!! WoW !!! Ton's of possibilities ! Across the genres.

Questions :
Did you use the usual process of applying them ? Did you put down a gloss coat ? Have you sealed them yet ?

Great Job !!!

((lol)) Thanks Panzerace ,to answer your questions ....I used nothing other than water to put the decals down ,the decals in the pics are applied straight to the plastic ...no paint . i havent sealed them as i do intend to remove them ,this is just for testing .

Mike ,thanks again . yeah you can add all sorts of colours ,but at this stage I just used a random design and colour purely to see if I could make a decal that will conform to all the curves and shapes ...thats why the pattern doesnt line up either i wasnt trying to ,If it works then I can start matching up the design .

Chris.

((lol)) Have I started something !! Hi Roger , its not that difficult buddy ,if ya got a printer ,buy some decal paper and get started ;D

Chris.

Right I've made a start on a black coupe body too ;D, trying a 'real' flame effect on this one. I've only just started ,got the two sides covered and the scuttle panel ,still need to trim the edges and trim to the bottom of the pillars ,the roof decal will come down the pillar and the join will disappear at the bottom corner.

flamecoupe003.jpg

flamecoupe004.jpg

flamecoupe005.jpg

Let me know what you think !

Chris.

Latest posts

Back