Tasca M4A1 Sherman Shelf Queen

Big-John

I started this one to model a particular Sherman, and about half way through the build, I discovered I had the wrong final drive housing on it, (Tranny nose). So, I had to start over on that project leaving this one to collect dust.

After reading Tankart 2, I have decided to pull this one out, dust it off, and bang it out so I can get an Olive Drab fix. I’ll be building this with no particular Sherman in mind. Just something to paint and weather.

M4A1-1_zps060a2e4e.jpg

M4A1-2_zps5e684ecc.jpg

M4A1-3_zpsce69d772.jpg

M4A1-4_zps4abd9220.jpg

Hi BJ, nice to see this one continue again. Looking forward to see what you will do with it paint and weathering wise

Cheers

hmm this has all the signs of Epic all over it :)

BJ + Sherman Paint + Weathering = Epic. I was right :)

levo said:
Hi Big John.
Can you tell me what size is this sherman 1/35 ??

Yes, 1/35, Thanks

Hi BJ, nice to see this one continue again. Looking forward to see what you will do with it paint and weathering wise

Cheers

Thanks for dropping in wouts!!

hmm this has all the signs of Epic all over it

BJ + Sherman Paint + Weathering = Epic. I was right

LOL, Thanks spuddy!

on a scale of 1 to 10, how grimy ya gonna make it?

I'll just have to let it "talk to me" when I get to that point, LOL

Hey BJ

That is a mighty fine looking Sherman!! :D
I thought I read somewhere that you where going to dress her up as Battling B#$ch or did you change your plan....any who still looking sweet! 8)

Allied-E

errains said:
Hey BJ

That is a mighty fine looking Sherman!! :D
I thought I read somewhere that you where going to dress her up as Battling B#$ch or did you change your plan....any who still looking sweet! 8)

Allied-E

Hey Eric, Battling B$&* is a completey diferent build than this one. I have two of them on the go, LOL

Spent a little time today playing with the M4A1.

I had an old Jordi Rubio barrel laying around, so I decided to use it. I had to modify the gun mount as the Jordi barrel was to short.

I also have the tracks test fitted, they will come back off for painting. I still have a bit of detail parts to clean up and assemble yet.

M4A1-5_zps58189d34.jpg

M4A1-6_zps77f3b095.jpg

I was afraid of having problems with the kit tracks. Came home from work today to find the track split in two. It’s odd how it split right down the guide teeth. Tracks where installed on the model, and it was just sitting on the bench. I have an extra pair from another kit that gets AM tracks. If I keep having problems, I’ll get AM tracks for this one.

track_zps38674f28.jpg

well, that sucks BJ! :eek:. Hope the other set will work out better for ya mate :)

Cheers

Bit strange ,and very annoying those tracks splitting !! Still ,its looking good mate ...bring it on ...lots of weathering ;D ;D ;D

Chris.

Thank you all for the interest in this one. Trying to get back on it after coming back from vacation. I found an old PE set made by Custom Dioramics, so I'm using the tool tie downs from the set. Will update pics when I get all the tools secured.

Back from vacation and getting back to normal here at home. I’m starting to get a little bench time again. I found an old Custom Diaoramics PE set in my stash, so I used the tie downs on the Tasca kit tools. I also scratch built some tool brackets on the rear for the sledge hammer and track tension tool.

M4A1-7_zpsa64b6366.jpg

M4A1-9_zps8c53fed3.jpg

M4A1-8_zps993643d5.jpg

Build is pretty much finished. Here are a few pics. I gave it a good bath to clean construction dust and skin oils off of it. It goes to the paint shop this weekend.

M4A1-13_zps687942c6.jpg

M4A1-10_zps53dd6e06.jpg

M4A1-11_zps201a2c82.jpg

M4A1-12_zpsa22454a8.jpg

Here are a couple of quick shots of tonight’s progress in the paint shop.

I tried to keep the OD on the light side as weathering will darken it up.

M4A1-15_zpsb6021db0.jpg

M4A1-14_zps44538d10.jpg

That OD looks Purdy mate ;D great job on the paint ...more ..more..more ,and dont spare the Dinosaurs ;) lol

Chris.

Latest posts

Back