Tasca M4A1 Sherman Shelf Queen

The tools, straps, wheels, and 30 cal. Barrels were detail painted.

M4A1-16_zps8d2a6dba.jpg

M4A1-17_zps96042d03.jpg

Then, the model was given a coat of Future to seal the paint and prep it for decals.

M4A1-19_zpsa7cc27d2.jpg

M4A1-18_zps46499d81.jpg

Saweet :) ...Looking Awesome John . Very tidy work mate .

ps ...need yer windows cleaned yet ;) ;D ;D

Chris.

Thanks Chris!!

I thought you were going to send the window cleaner last week! ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :p

Some of my favorite Shermans are from the early Normandy campaign with the big colorful markings. A lot of those markings were painted out later in the campaign.

The kit includes decals for three well know Shermans. Since I’m not modeling one of those tanks, I decided to cut the kits decals and rearrange the registration numbers. I also rearranged the bumper codes and the large yellow codes on the turret.

M4A1-20_zpscc9f2254.jpg

M4A1-21_zpsa50fa6cb.jpg

M4A1-22_zps5f823536.jpg

M4A1-23_zpscb18b90b.jpg

M4A1-24_zpsf68899d3.jpg

M4A1-25_zps78834ba5.jpg

Looking great big John, good job of getting the turret decals over the welded plate too!

Thanks Guys!!

A small update on this one. Sprayed the flat coat today. I’ll let it cure for a few day, I’m dying to start pin washes!

M4A1-27_zps87eb7e8f.jpg

M4A1-26_zps796968ae.jpg

Beautiful stuff there BJ!!! Bring on that weathering!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JohnSimmons said:
Looks lovely. You could leave it like that and have it factory fresh lol

Are you MAD! :eek: LOL

That would be like sitting a birthday cake in front of a 5 year old and telling him not to stick his finger in the iceing LOL ;D

Thanks for the coments John!!

Ha ha, yeah I didn't think you'd keep it that way......now hurry up and get it filthy!! ;D

A little progress, the pin wash is going slow because I’m doing it on a flat coat. Lots of time spent cleaning up tide marks and such.

In this photo, you can see that the center bogie has not been washed yet.

M4A1-29_zpseae75a35.jpg

Latest posts

Back