Tamiya Fine Surface Primer Discussion

derex3592

So can someone explain to me why sometimes Tamiya Fine Surface primer lays down 110% perfectly smooth on the plastic and sometimes it ends up feeling very rough?? I love the stuff, but cannot seem to figure out why this sometimes happens. Could it be temperature and humidity?

Any help is appreciated!

Not sure on that one. I used to apply the the Tamiya fine and extra fine to my models and never had a problem. Where I live it's pretty dry however.

I just used it and it went down very smooth and shiny. Problem I have with it is that it mimics the color of the plastic to a T. That I find annoying as I cant really tell if I've primed the area at all since the plastic is just as shiny.

Yes! Mine went on perfectly smooth on some parts as well--same can, same time of day! All I can come up with is the distance you're holding the can away is crucial! I'm doing the 1:72 FM Falcon and I was priming the entire upper and lower hull halves. After about 3 hrs of wet sanding with 2000 grit paper the rough areas have been smoothed down to where I think I'm OK now.

Latest posts

Back