Tamiya 35(T)

wds

Paint, paint, paint, the boys are marrrrrrrrching.
Greetings all,

This is the Tamiya 35(t) in 1/35th scale.
I recently completed this for a for a group- build at another site.
Questions and comments welcome. Thanks for looking

Cheers,

Bill

35tpb3.jpg
35tpb2.jpg
35tpb1.jpg

Superb as has been said the weathering is band on the muted colour of this tank is cracking my fav is the running gear not to little and not too much....

Geegad

Very nice Bill. I would be shakin in my boots with those big white crosses telling everybody where I was. :eek:

Tony lee

Thanks guys. Yea, Tony, I think that somewhere in Poland the Germans must have said to themselves "Der must be beter vay to do dees". Sorry for my poor accent. ;D
More grey a'comming.

Bill

:) A very nice AFV there, wds !

The general color of this afv has attracted my atention a lot... I don´t know if it is either an effect of the light when you took the pic or if it is a very light grey that you deliberately used... can you help me?

The weathering of the running gear is -also- superb, wds the earth tones are supernatural... airbrushed earth colors? pigments? both?

Cheers, wds :)
RG

Jelly-man,

Thanks for the generous complements. I consider myself a student of the paint art, and I know I'm not worthy. Just trying to apply the techniques that I am learning here.
The base coat was a lightened mix of Tamiya German Grey. It then got a wash of thinned raw umber oil paint. It was then dry-brushed with a light grey Humbrol enamel. The dry-brush knocked down a lot of the wash effects (dark shades and shadows) so it got a pin wash with the raw umber oil-paint-wash. That was it for the base coats. it then got some dots and scratches with brown/black acrylics, and some stains with rust enamels. The finale was a VERY diluted buff colored Tam. acr. over the whole thing with emphasis on the lower portion of the hull and running gear. Then a brown ("flat earth" color) Tam. acr. VERY diluted over the lower sections only. It was given a little dusting with MIG pigments ( P232 Dry Mud, and P028 Europe Dust) around the running gear and lower hull. Topped with Testors Dullcote for a flat finish. That's it. Go for it.

Photography continues to vex me! Nothing in pictures looks like it does in "real life" (the model in my hand). This a subject way above my pay-grade.

Cheers,

Bill

Sorry I missed this first time out, WoW ! , nice looking tank. Faded upper and dirty lower weathering......cool.
You did a superb job on this. Congrats! Bill

Very cool ;)
I know what you mean about the photography side of things. I look through the view finder and 'click' then look at the screen and say "thats a completely different colour?!" lol

still one of my favourites on this site still keep popping in to have a butchers

geegad

Although it looks really nice! I don't recall Tamiya releasing such a kit? Could it be a ReBox?.?

Don't shoot your work down! It's a nice model! Great job my friend!

Looking forward to your next project!

Wow! Thanks for all the positive comments and feedback. (Blush).

I apologize for not responding. I haven't checked this thread in some time. Didn't know about the action.

The kit is a re-box of the CMK kit with a sprue added for the tools, figure, and Jerry cans. I think the only weak part of the kit is the flash arrester on the main gun. It is made in two pieces (clam-shell fashion) and needs some work to clean it up. Somebody (in the aftermarket community) makes a really nice resin and metal barrel set for this kit. I had already glued mine in place so I just cleaned it up with a micro-drill in a pin vise.

Again, thanks to each and all for the feedback. Cheers,

Bill

Latest posts

Back