Tamiya 1/48 P-47D

damianjp

Okay...sooo

Last year i entered this awesomeness of a contest and didn't submit anything. >< (i got a job, and moved states...and model building got put on hold...for a year..:( )

However i have returned to enter...this year!!

This is my kit....its the Tamiya P-47D

Im going to use SOME aftermarket goodies (Eduard USAAF belts and maybe some aftermarket decals)

I dont have much time, but im gonna focus on this and try to get it done!! Its gonna be tight!

Cheers!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

IMG_3147.jpg

6 days.... Ka wa Bonga !!!! Chop chop my friend....

time is wasting ..... Man you sure like a challenge !

Looking forward to your WIP !

Norm

OUT !

good luck, ya better put the coals to it, but dont go too fast, rushing a project only leads to disaster, man of experience talking, the First road Ace was a complete disaster beacuse i rushed, don't tare through the project, but don't dilly dally XD

Ok, here's what you do, open the box, toss in some paint and glued, close the lid, shake it up really good and open er up, should be pretty much done by that point. Seriously though,that is a sweet kit. Id love to get my hands on another one. one of the best fitting kits I have ever built (even better than the Tamiya 1/48 F-16 in my honest opinion). Mosit of all, have fun with it!

schweinhund227 said:
6 days.... Ka wa Bonga !!!! Chop chop my friend....

time is wasting ..... Man you sure like a challenge !

Looking forward to your WIP !

Norm

OUT !
Don't all the pictures have to be submitted on the 30th of June? ??? 16 days?

Okay, well i spent all of yesterday night cutting parts and cleaning them like a machine, will post pics later tonight.
and yes, it is 16 days (thank god)...its possible, hence why i selected the P-47, its such a well engineered kit. ;D

I have one other kit i would really want to enter, in the all out category. A 1/48 Stug III i started earlier this week.....but...we will have to see.

Cheers !

Glad to see your making some progress! Plenty of time....slow n steady! Good luck! ;D

Poor me.... Typo !!! ;D ::)

The shake n Bake analogy is spot on.... toss in the glue and rattle the box...

Only Tamiya can do kits like that.... and it's a Big Gal too !!!

Looking forward to your pix....

Hi Guys...some progress pics attached.

Cockpit, still on the sprues, but primed and ready for Painting on Friday :)
IMG_3150.jpg

Sub assemblies...(note the fuselage is not glued...)
IMG_3151.jpg

Starting on the flaps....
IMG_3152.jpg

Spares box is gonna get full.....Seriously...i have enough components to build half another P-47....
IMG_3153.jpg

CheerS!!! ;D

That's extremely cool! I love the cockpit details and the primer is really shaping it up!

Keep it up! :D

;D looking promising !!

man that GIRT on her.... ooouff ! she is Hauling a big Radial engine isn't she ??
the pilot could almost get up and take a walk around the cockpit.... she is so big ! LOL

Some progress...

Most of the smaller components are now painted.

I added some mesh in the fuselage, leaving the covers open, exposed a large hole.

Weathering has begun on the cockpit, and hopefully will be completed tomorrow.

I also decided to add some aftermarket wheels and metal 50cal barrels.

Cheers!! ;D

IMG_3154.jpg

IMG_3157.jpg

IMG_3158.jpg

IMG_3159.jpg

IMG_3161.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

IMG_3165.jpg

IMG_3166.jpg

IMG_3167.jpg

IMG_3173.jpg

IMG_3168.jpg

IMG_3169.jpg

IMG_3170.jpg

IMG_3171.jpg

IMG_3172.jpg

Making pretty good headway. Those grill look nice!...keep it rolling!!!! ;)

Latest posts

Back