Tamiya 1/48 2-1/2 ton cargo truck (jimmy)

RocketSilo

Yeah , finally caught up to speed with decal jobs !!

whew,
Now I can have a little fun build time to myself..lol
great kit , nice detail , great fit , just an all around fun model ! I plan to build more of the tamiya 1/48's in this range.not too much involvement to build but enough to keep any modeler happy
It has a metal base for added girth , I like this concept.
here's the parts.
IMAG0256.jpg
IMAG0262.jpg
IMAG0261.jpg
IMAG0260.jpg
IMAG0259.jpg
IMAG0258.jpg
IMAG0257.jpg

wheels getting started ,figure assembled and will practice some weathering , before I start on my upcoming tank model.

IMAG0270.jpg
IMAG0272.jpg
IMAG0274.jpg
IMAG0276.jpg

should this be in the um armor or cars section, other than that it looks pretty good

Yeah I reckon ya should be up in the armor too ;)....nice progress ,I like the weathering on the undies ....well done .

Chris.

sorry,
I searched for military trucks and found some others posted here.
I don't mind it being moved elsewhere

It's Military, so belongs right where it is.

Mind you it would have qualified for the War Wheels group build....you could have put it there if you wanted.

whew--- tough crowd today ...lol

I had already started before the contest, painted wheels and cut/filed a lot of parts , than had to put it away till a couple days ago.I'll be done with it in a couple days.
I just needed to smell some glue for a change, I get decal requests on a daily basis and needed a break from staring at a computer screen and drawing several hrs per day for the last 2 months.
So it's just a relax , fun type build for me

I have a harrier That I might attempt for the marines contest tho.
And I have a couple tanks in mind to try out for the first time

Just some basic color tones I mixed together with createx acrylics,
they are half full 2oz bottles .
I have a cabinet full of createx so I'm trying to use them up making, rusting and military colors.
it's very similar to vallejo paints

made some good progress ,still have some parts to attach and more crusting to do on the front half.
I almost forgot to decal it first...lol
I used model master acryl flat for the main color so I applied future under the decals, micro sol/set than dullcote

The kit comes with a few things like jerry cans and pioneer tool set
I plan to make some stowage items, I want to try my hand at making some 55 gall drums.
but may end up just purchasing an accessory set instead.

I'll post much better pics when the truck is completed

IMAG0288.jpg
IMAG0287.jpg

Hell yeah ;D....she's looking mighty fine !

Chris.

:) Hey Rocket-S, your build looks really solid, man,

I like a lot using the salt technique for chipping / flaking paint; I did a test with that technique over a plastic surface some time ago and it worked really good... maybe I´m wrong but I think that the salt technique can compete against the hairspray method... it´s a bit tricky bit works OK.

Definitely someday I have to give a go to one of these quarter scale kits like the one you´ve picked...

Thanks for sharing, RocketS.
RG

Sorry I missed out on this one so far Andy!! Coming along very nicely!!!!

IMAG0287.jpg

That looks like a 1/35th right there.... AWESOME !!!

Really nice work on this 1/48th ... Tamiya had done their homework on this.... looks great man !

Thanks everyone !
These are really fun kits , and go together very well without much effort .
They have quite a few vehicles in this range so
I'll be picking up some more !

I have to set it aside for a few more days, to finish up another model and also working on my hobby room.
I can't wait to get my build table set back up. ! :)

Latest posts

Back