Tamiya 1/35 Scale M2A2 Bradley

Army Vet

So far, not a lot of progress. Just the usual stuff- road wheels and filling in holes on the hull.
Sanding down putty
ZEqwXpm.jpg

Sheet styrene to fill in holes
BOyIBuO.jpg

Exciting task of assembling road wheels
xkg0Aks.jpg

Updates on my Tamiya Bradley.
Sanded down the putty smooth and added the axle for the drive sprocket
gVIwAfY.jpg

Put the rear ramp together and added the troop hatch/door. Added small cargo boxes left and right.
lbENNBL.jpg

Added some more details for the drive sprockets (I believe they're called the final drive housings or casings)
BkUGwNh.jpg

I'm taping off the areas where the non skid areas are. I'm using Rustoleum textured paint and that will give it the non skid look.
tGPtfoe.jpg

I filled in the backs of the rear tail lights
yemjfAD.jpg

For the non slip texture, I started by taping off the bolt heads on the tow missile hatch armor and the armor above the drivers hatch.
2AnhSup.jpg

I taped off the hinge for the driver hatch and the drivers vision blocks/periscopes so they didn't get sprayed with the non skid texture.
CdSIDsA.jpg

The upper hull which seemed to take a half a roll of tape and a whole lot of patience.
hwmeLxa.jpg

pj1iuOt.jpg

I sprayed the non skid texture and let it sit for a day to dry and removed the tape
ftzE2ko.jpg

m405YB9.jpg

Thanks for looking

Hey Army, I hate to admit it but it's still in the box. I'm pushing to finish my Buffalo this month and start the Bradley next month.

That's cool Adam .. Before the brad I was working on my M1070 HET that thing seems like it will never end .. So starting the Bradley is a nice break 8)

i do like that nonslip.

Great minds think alike i have a m1070 in my stash and was thinking of placing the Bradley or a D9R on its trailer.

Cave_Dweller & Grendels ..
Thanks for the kind comment on the nonslip.
Sconet .
The M1070 is a fun build long but fun .. When you start yours and you get to the trailer watch out for the tow chain shackles. They break easy I have to find away to make new ones or get aftermarket ones :-\

Re: Tamiya 1/35 Scale M2A2 Bradley- Picture Updates

6d55de2ba95f15b730dc37acb07a267d.jpg
For the ERA set I'll be using Legend Productions resin set. Clean up is easy and detail looks good on it.
ab484976dafa869ba759f8278151edd7.jpg
These are the ERA blocks for the front of the Bradley engine compartment cover.
image.jpg
These little guys are the brackets that hold the blocks to the cover.
1676dc39b92146176c5009a1dd1b761c.jpg
These are the brackets attached to the ERA blocks for the cover.
Thanks for looking

Just a quick update. Not much going on.
Here are the ERA blocks for the sides of the Bradley. They weren't too complicated, they come as one piece and all you have to do is clean them up and glue them on.
3a4e493246b0aab93d7e4d4f917057bd.jpg
For the turret basket I sat and drilled out the holes.
b91c043bd6ba56eb526c35f9db7a3d6a.jpg
Slowly assembling the turret. The gray blocks are the ERA for the turret.
c42cd325bb9fc7d35cd4ca7ade431f95.jpg
Thanks for looking. That's all for now.

Latest posts

Back