Tamiya 1/35 Leopard2A6 *complete* (with moderate foliage)

hummingbird

Well, here comes yet another finished kit from me. This time, I will be adding a rather classic and popular vehicles; the Leopard2. The kit, as you can see from the title, is Tamiya. I guess everybody already knows about the vehicle and kit so I am not going to write about them.

This gal is painted in Nato Green, Nato Brown and Nato Black. Scheme is per the instruction and references per the Bundeswehr as I saw that all German Leo2s are painted in the same pattern.

As this is a gift, I wanted it to look unique but I know I can't do that so I tried to make it stand out. I was looking around for camo references and I saw all these Leos with heavy foliage on them which inspired me to put them on my Leo2 as well. The branches are made from wire (I don't know if that was bronze or copper or brass) and the leaves are bought from GreenLine Product and even though the colours are very toy-like, it looks pretty nice. I got an A6 size fret with 200 leaves on it. The camo net was made from bandage and a secret weapon - Parsley ( It stunk like hell after spending a whole bottle on the net). The long grasses which looks like whiskers ( as this a ''leopard'' ) are from Woodland Scenic.

I debated on how to weather it and I just decided to go crazy with dried mud. The mud was made by mixing my pigments into a big tub of plaster and then finally mixed with Vallejo Acrylic Resin to make clumps of dried mud. I always had problems with making clumps but I successfully made some on this one.

Here's some photos -

P1140779-2.jpg

P1140778-2.jpg

P1140777-2.jpg

P1140772-2.jpg

P1140770-2.jpg

AND as usual from me -
P1140771-2.jpg

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos ( many more) can be found on my blog -
http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/tamiya-135-leopard-2-a6.html
Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have.

Until the next launch .

Pretty cool idea for cam!

A couple of things you might want to consider on future builds are the turret sights, drivers ability to see and the barrel cam.

For the turret, the sights have to be clearly seen for obvious reasons. The EMES sight is good but the secondary sight (SFCS) is blocked. It's the sight on top of the gun.

The coax machine gun port is blocked, but would be cleared in the first initial burst from the MG3. ;D

The drivers episcopes need to be clear so he can drive effectively.

The gun tube cam needs to be a bit smaller for the strips. In real life, they're cut about two inches wide. Usually done with hessian in OD green, brown and some black. The MRS on the end of the barrel has to be clear as well.

Keep up the good work!!

Beobachtungsbereich said:
Pretty cool idea for cam!

A couple of things you might want to consider on future builds are the turret sights, drivers ability to see and the barrel cam.

For the turret, the sights have to be clearly seen for obvious reasons. The EMES sight is good but the secondary sight (SFCS) is blocked. It's the sight on top of the gun.

The coax machine gun port is blocked, but would be cleared in the first initial burst from the MG3. ;D

The drivers episcopes need to be clear so he can drive effectively.

The gun tube cam needs to be a bit smaller for the strips. In real life, they're cut about two inches wide. Usually done with hessian in OD green, brown and some black. The MRS on the end of the barrel has to be clear as well.

Keep up the good work!!

Thank you so very much for those insightful tips ... I will keep them in mind for future builds... Really appreciate your words

Latest posts

Back