Tamiya 1/35 Challenger 2 *complete*

hummingbird

Hello All and all hello ...

Well, as if I haven't been posting too much finished stuffs lately, here comes yet another from me ( and I'm sorry to spam you again ).
To be honest, I finished this since early December but this baby was meant to enter a stupid contest and they have this one stupid rule that we cannot let anyone see nor post anything about our entry on any social network so I couldn't blog the wip nor the finished model until the end of the official date.

I couldn't decide if I should put on the anti-slip or not and after doing much research, I noticed that the anti-slip texture on the Challey is not that rough and I didn't want to risk doing over-scaled texture on my model so I opted out of doing it ( I was even going to buy a Citadel texture spray can for this ).

As every one know, the colour of the Challey2 is something that is very hard to describe and narrow down ( akin to the IDF armour colour) so I really had no idea how to go about painting it at first. I finally decide to play with high light and shadow since this is a monotone vehicle so I used Desert Yellow, Dark Yellow and Buff and mix them up accordingly to play around with the shade.

I wanted to show my Challey as a very used up and banged up fighting on the harsh desert and one side of the turret more scratched up due to the intense battles.

As much as I really love how this came out, I am very unhappy of my impatience (I guess my impatience is my bane ) that leads to some of the badly done chips as evident from the photo ( not that bad far away but really bad close up). I am seriously pissed off at myself to realizing too late that I should have give the figures a wash to bring out the myriad of details on the uniforms. Another late realization is that I painted the little sight on top of the barrel all too wrong.

P1140294-2.jpg

P1140309-2.jpg

P1140310-2.jpg

P1140313-2.jpg

P1140301-2.jpg

P1140302-2.jpg

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos ( many more) can be found on my blog -
http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/tamiya-135-challenger-2.html
Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have.

Until the next launch .

I luv the 1st pic..Say hello to my little freind:)..Luv the work you did..Very nice sir..

cargoman5126 said:
I luv the 1st pic..Say hello to my little freind:)..Luv the work you did..Very nice sir..

Thank you sir .. thank you .. I didn't win anything in the contest but it's nice to hear such feedback

Latest posts

Back