Tamiya 1/35 AusfD

rookie

This is not a toy
Heres one that I finished a couple of months ago, has been sitting in the box finished but not weathered. Got stuck in with the oils over the weekend and dirtied it up. Still need to tinker on it a bit more, wouldnt mind trying some mud pigments.

Anyone got any recepies for home made mud ?

Appologies for the dodgy pics

155.jpg

152.jpg

154.jpg

Comments and critques welcome

Howdy Rookie, your Mk IV looks very good to me... the "red devil" marking reminds me some pics in a Squadron-Signal book that I bought almost 25 year ago... "Panzer IV in action"...

Well, I don´t know homemade recipes for mud, but I would suggest to you directly that the best (and safer) options are trying either AK-Interactive or Mig Productions mud-making sets... IMHO it is an easy technique but I recommend to you to practice a little (before going over the real model) on a plastic piece or so...

Cheers, Rookie.. ;)
RG

Hey ROOKIE ,

Nice lookin' Pz IV ! I like th weathering. ...

Recipes for mud ..... AK makes a very cool set. - Heavy Mud Weathering set.

As far as Homemade Mud .... Try using some dry plaster ( it splatters better) the finest ground plaster . Plaster of paris , dental plaster , maybe even some Hydrocal if ya have it laying around. .... Mix it similar to cake batter & add some pigments in for texture.

Very cool lookin' D

\m/

Panzerace- you da man... Fantastic video.

Had a lightbulb moment when I saw it... thanks for the tip. At first I thought "how the hell is he gonna get that sludge through his airbrush? let alone clean it ? " lol.
I like the look of that AK set, however virtualy unavailable here in Oz at your LHS, I guess i could always use that thing called the internet. ;)

I've got some plaster lying around, could I use good old fashioned dirt from the backayard to get the same effect ? I've kinda moved away from armour at the moment and dont realy wanna fork out for something I might not use again.

BTW love the work you did on the Kubel the snow looks awesome...

rookie said:
Panzerace- you da man... Fantastic video.

Had a lightbulb moment when I saw it... thanks for the tip. At first I thought "how the hell is he gonna get that sludge through his airbrush? let alone clean it ? " lol.
I like the look of that AK set, however virtualy unavailable here in Oz at your LHS, I guess i could always use that thing called the internet. ;)

I've got some plaster lying around, could I use good old fashioned dirt from the backayard to get the same effect ? I've kinda moved away from armour at the moment and dont realy wanna fork out for something I might not use again.

BTW love the work you did on the Kubel the snow looks awesome...

Hey ROOKIE ,

Thanx for th kind words !!

WHAT ...... Moved away from Armor ....... That's Blasphemy ! ;D

If you need mud all you have to do is mix water,white glue and some dirt from outside like a garden. This depends on if you want it light than dab very softly but if you want heavy mud than you press it hard on the area YOU WANT ;D

model to see it in pic so shini and silvery appear to be uniusual but it is nice , i create a mad using either of talco or white flower and mixing it with the color i want the mad it it come nice and clese to the real
if u try let me know

Latest posts

Back