Tamiya 1/24 Ferrari Testarossa

Ahhh, so close. I need at least another day or 2 to complete this one. Just pulled the masks off the body after painting the semi-gloss black parts. Still need a bit more assembly and detail painting.

Been a slice, Thanks once again Scott for hosting this shin-dig. And a big thank you to all the sponsors as well.

Gonna try and wrap this up this week if I can, busy week ahead of me next week. Big outdoor concert on Saturday (Nickelback is my girlfriends favorite band and it is on her birthday to boot), then were moving up to the third floor of our building thru the week.

Major part of the painting done last night. next up is the detail painting and final assembly.

009-2.jpg

010-1.jpg

008-4.jpg

Finally got the finishing touches done today. First up though a few shots of the interior...

001-5.jpg

002-5.jpg

003-4.jpg

And the finished product... Better pictures will be taken soon.

005-2.jpg

006-3.jpg

008-5.jpg

Elm City Hobbies said:
Looking good Charlie.

What did you use for a gloss? Future?

Thanks guys...

The gloss is Model Master lacquer gloss. It was an old bottle I had, would have prefered to use Tamiya gloss, but I didnt have enough. Didnt really have a lot of time to work it over sanding and buffing so its not a mirror smooth finish. Looks better in pictures.

Nice to see her finished. I've a real soft spot for Ferrari's. This beauty is suh-weet.

Great job mate! 8)

A very red Ferrari. 8) Looks great. 8)

Just a side question Carsenault;

Did you toss the Mossie? Hoping that you might be inclined to finish it up here...

JMac said:
Just a side question Carsenault;

Did you toss the Mossie? Hoping that you might be inclined to finish it up here...

Sorry, I tossed it, wasnt enjoying the build at all and i had ennough of it. Still planning on building a Mossie with Gibson's markings. I'm keeping an eye open for Tamiya's 1/48 B Mk IV, its a much better kit.

Latest posts

Back