Tacos anyone? Tamiya 1/48 F-16C Block 30 NM ANG...

I wrapped up the post shading this morning, gonna let it siut for a few days now, then glos it over on Sunday in preperation for a ProModelers wash and Decals

P1020473.jpg

P1020474.jpg

P1020475.jpg

One thing I hate about doing modern fast jets, way too many tiny decals... Just finished my 3rd or 4 hour of decaling and Im still not done, at least a few more hours to go. And this is just an F-16, Phantoms have many, many more. I started with the unit markings, then national markings and serials, I just did most of the maintenance stencils, still left are the rest of the maintenance stencils, walkway/no step stencils and the ordnance markings. I'm using Afterburner Decals Desert Roadrunners sheet featuring the "Tacos" squadron of the NM ANG. Afterburner make some great decals, all printed by Cartograph.

P1020479.jpg

P1020481.jpg

P1020482.jpg

Carsenault said:
Afterburner make some great decals, all printed by Cartograph.

Agreed!!

Nice work Charlie! So I guess your next project is an SEA F-4E with all of the white data? ;D

Hey looks great so far. Those Tamiya F-16's are phenomenal kits. After I finish my F-15 I'm going to crack open my Tamiya F-16 aggressor. Cant wait. I'll be checking back to see how your build goes. Good luck.

Thanks guys, getting close to wrapping this one up. finishing up the fiddly little bits now. Ill hopefull get it done by the weekend. The Afterburner decals went on beautifully, no silvering at all and responded nicely to the Micro set and Micro sol. I used some 2007/08 era markings with the '04 era weapons loadout. I did find pictures online from '08 with the earlier loadout so Im good.

Once I got the masking off the rear canopy section, I saw some glue marks that were too visible for my liking, so I ended up using the tinted part to replace it.

Pictures coming soon.

Latest posts

Back