T-70m 1/35 Miniart

Amon Two

Collab needed. PM me.
Hello guys! It's been a while since I posted something mine here... Meanwhile I turned 19 so no more posting under 'junior' subforum... ;D

So, here it is, my current project, Miniart's T-70M in 35th scale with Voyagermodel PE set, some scratchbuilt parts, and Miniart's workable tracks.

Construction at 95%, also I almost forget, this was my first time to solder the PE parts together...

21cv9j6.jpg

30xitmq.jpg

wipwll.jpg

dvsk7o.jpg

2hn4c60.jpg

2lm9geh.jpg

j7xqw7.jpg

2e534a0.jpg

2j1vdzk.jpg

208dxzt.jpg

2v2zbe1.jpg

Also I made a log, which will be placed on the top of right fender (just like one from the photos)

vxhlpw.jpg

iw26wn.jpg

Needs some more cleaning... ;)

10wqvd3.jpg

These are the photos of the real one (which I'm building)...

(for discussion purposes only)

vdip09.jpg

302p7xf.jpg

iqeozr.jpg

Colour modulation, I used my own mixture of Vallejo colours to get the variety of tones, 3 highlights, 3 shades + base. I also started painting the exaust, but it needs much more work... ;)

2s76xao.jpg

fvjsic.jpg

abksoi.jpg

b9dd9t.jpg

That's it for now, let me know what y'all think. ;)
Cheers
Josip

Nice work on the PE and the log. How did you achieve the texture of the log? CM looks great too.

Tanker52 said:
Nice work on the PE and the log. How did you achieve the texture of the log? CM looks great too.

Thanks everyone for your comments, I'm glad you like it! :D

Hey Tanker, I just wrapped the milliput around that wire which you can see on the photo above. Then I took my hobby knife and just dragged it on the surface of the milliput untill I was satisfied with the result... :D

Anyways, winterwash is up...

2a77u9z.jpg

2rcr3o1.jpg

And chipping is finished too...

m8lcsl.jpg

There's much more to come, I need to repaint the exaust and so on... ;)

PS. I've recently opened facebook profile, where I'll be posting tutorials and other only modelling related stuff, so if you have facebook account, feel free to add me :D https://www.facebook.com/josip.bojcic.1

My first thought upon readin your post was that it's great to see some great-looking armor from a young man on one of these sites--so many of my modeling friends are all my age--40's--and it's rare to see younger kids doing it these days, so great for you!

Second--the model is just beautifully-done. You've really taken the "color modulation" to heart in a method that really reflects Adam Wilder's skill with it.

Third---I noticed that you're going to post your pics and tutorials on Facebook. This seems to be the new way that modelers are sharing their methods. I would rather see it on a forum site like this. It's more accessible and available to the public this way. Furthermore, Facebook sites aren't indexed on google like this page would be, so if you're looking for, say "Color modulation" whatever you put up on your facebook site wouldn't come up in Search results. Just my opinion!

Can't believe you're only 19 :eek: Way past my skill levels at that age and probably past them now. 8)

@Big-John, dogfish7, the doog, Spud, Elm City Hobbies - thanks for your nice comments, I'm glad you like my work. :D

the doog said:
My first thought upon readin your post was that it's great to see some great-looking armor from a young man on one of these sites--so many of my modeling friends are all my age--40's--and it's rare to see younger kids doing it these days, so great for you!

Second--the model is just beautifully-done. You've really taken the "color modulation" to heart in a method that really reflects Adam Wilder's skill with it.

Third---I noticed that you're going to post your pics and tutorials on Facebook. This seems to be the new way that modelers are sharing their methods. I would rather see it on a forum site like this. It's more accessible and available to the public this way. Furthermore, Facebook sites aren't indexed on google like this page would be, so if you're looking for, say "Color modulation" whatever you put up on your facebook site wouldn't come up in Search results. Just my opinion!

Wow, I'm flattered by your comment, thank you so much!

1 - that's true. Most of the guys my age rather prefer going to parties or playing videogames... Another problem is money (I think), because from teenage perspective scale modeling is a very expensive hobby, especially here in Croatia, where unemployment rate is very high, and economical crysis is still going on... But I found my way; while I was in elementary school, I would save my lunch/meal money that my parents would give me before going to school, so instead of eating, I would buy myself one revell enamel colour I needed :D.
Even so, I've met and keep meeting modelers, and more importantly, wonderful personalities, and no matter how old they are - it's ok with me... ;)

2 - Wow, this part made my - not day nor month, but year for sure... Thank you! 8)

3 - You're right... OK, occasionaly I'll try to put some of my tutorials on forums... Thanks for noticing that!

Yesterday I tried to paint wooden surfaces and failed. :D
I'll give it another try... Only thing that I'm satisfied with is the bark colour...

ri96o4.jpg

Cheers!
J

The force is strong with this one! Keep the updates coming. So we have another 30+ years to watch your builds?

Tankerdog said:
The force is strong with this one! Keep the updates coming. So we have another 30+ years to watch your builds?

Hehehe, thanks, I hope so :D!

Thanks guys for your comments!

BUT. I need your opinion about this one? I'm a little bit sceptical about how it looks? Any toughts? Should I leave it this way, or should I repaint it?

a1222p.jpg

Cheers
J

This is a great looking build.

I like that mossy look although I'm not certain if deadwood would have it. Looks cool though. If it were mine I'd leave it.

Latest posts

Back