SWS A-1J Skyraider by Zoukei-Mura, Inc

Dagger6actual

really took the plunge and ordered this kit from Zoukie-Mura...thier SWS A-1J Skyraider. Hope to enter it in the 2013 spring contest. Anyone have experience with kits from these folks?

I have the new P51 D ,its a fantastic kit .I done a quick review in the review section of this site. You will enjoy the Sky raider :)

Chris.

Thanks Chris...respect your opinion...
Ok, just read your August review and now I'm really excited!! My kit was $167 and to be honest there was some "anxiety" about spending that much...but now I can't wait!!

They really are quality kits,you won't be disappointed :)

Chris.

I saw a Z-M Skyraider build at a model contest earlier this year. It was impressive.

Really tempted to do the P51 after the Stuka ;D

This is ridiculous!! The tracking # shows the kit just arrived in Mesquite...2.5 hours away but it won't be delivered until tomorrow! Why am I checking the tracking every hour?@&*# It isn't going to change...I haven't been this excited since forever!!
Forget any contest...I'm tearing into it right away!

Chris those grins are appropriate...part of this anxiety attack is your fault!
I've told my staff that as soon as the brown truck arrives I'm gone for the day! My wife is just rolling her eyes...

YeeHaa!! It is here! The packaging was a clue that this was something special. opening1.jpgopening2.jpgopening3.jpg The manuals are impressive themselves...option to build the A-1H or J model opening5.jpg

opening6.jpg
opening8.jpg
opening7.jpg
opening9.jpg
Sorry for so many pics...but the detail on the parts is great, the whole thing is pretty impressive.
There are some weighted tires that are on order...no PE came with the kit so I'm looking at that...Can NOT wait to get into this.

Nice eh ;D ,you know you're getting something special when you open the box :) , they have some nice touches .

Chris.

quality i seen a review of this on florymodels on youtube you've got a cracking kit here buddy looking forward to seeing this coming along

thanks geegad..its been suggested that I post some more pics of the parts, etc. I've ordered some wheels and some other bits that aren't here yet so I'm going to begin to dry fit the cockpit and get that ready to paint and glue. You should see that coming up this weekend.
Ok, so this will be my first "public" build...we'll see how it goes! Be kind gentlemen...I'm old and feeble!!

Ever have one of those days??
I selected the parts that need interior green paint...want to use Vallejo cause that's what it calls for. Cut and cleaned up the parts, did some masking....out of paint!! Local store is out. Store in next town is out...no Master Master, no anything close!
So I order some from Elm City cause they support SMA....but I took pics to post and then realize camera cable is at my office across town.....geez.
I don't have Alzheimer's, I have "sometimers" pretty bad tho'...

Yep when you are having days like that, it just makes you want to get up and walk away from the desk. I prefer to say some four letter word encouragement. But that is just me.

Latest posts

Back