StuH 42 Tamiya 1/48. In progress

MaschinenKrueger

You want MaK with that?
This was suppose to be a quick build but it has now entered the fourth week. I believe the issue is with me and not the kit.

I modified the base kit into a StuH 42 with some field add-on armor and concrete fill in. I added the Hauler screens and RB(?) turned barrel which obviously needs to be painted. I added the missing road wheel tubes to the spares from styrene rod. The mantle and gear tarps are sculpted from Duro/Green Stuff Epoxy Putty. Upper hull plates are styrene sheet with brass strips. I used the HobbyBoss T-34 tracks for the extra armor. The door panel is a model RR door cut in half and fitted with hardware. The model is based on an amalgamation of images with a little artistic license thrown in.

Markings are a mixture of decals, air brushed stencils and hand painted acrylics. They need some touch ups.

The model is airbrushed with Tamiya acrylics. The details are painted with Vallejo Model Color. Weathering so far is a mix of pigments, acrylics, enamels, and oils.

The model still needs final touch ups and weathering.

ministug_01.jpg

ministug_02.jpg

ministug_03.jpg

ministug_04.jpg
Cheers.

Well done so far MK!! Love the "artistic license"!! Looking forward to the end game!! ;)

Nice work, you're really doing this kit justice and then some. Love all the add ons, it really brings it to life

Thanks all. I've built a couple of 1/48th items in the past but this was my first "real" thing in this scale.

This guy from a few years ago
kncka01.jpg

And this guy from *yikes* 5 years ago.
spsw36.jpg

Latest posts

Back