StuG III Ausf. G EARLY PRODUCTION

Is that the Tamiya XF-60? I ask because I love the look of it but it doesn't look like the usual dark yellow. Might just be the white balance of your photos is off a bit. Seems like it has the slightest touch of pea green to it.

Gorgeous build regardless.

XF-60 has a greenish look to it. There are threads and web sites dedicated to discussing this color.

It's generally not considered an accurate match for Dunklegelb any longer. Too dark and too green.

It does make a good base color if you plan to do modulation or panel shading. I like to shade from dark to light.

Thanks all!

Terry

Terry, another excellent build!!! I like your method used on the rust details, the results look very realistic.

Thanks for sharing..........

Karl

Tanker52 said:
Terry, another excellent build!!! I like your method used on the rust details, the results look very realistic.

Thanks for sharing..........

Karl

Thanks Tanker!

Terry ;D

Great work Terry your making a nice job of this Stug the wash and dry brush gives off a nice effect keep up the hard work

Dan B

Ken Abrams said:
Nice work Terry.

Thanks Ken!

Work continues on the StuG, but I have to say I don't like the way this kit is to be assembled. With all these different assemblies alignment will be tricky. Fenders, rear deck, front upper hull, and crew compartment have been worked on. Here are some views of the progress.

Terry ;D

DSC00942.jpg

DSC00943.jpg

DSC00944.jpg

DSC00949.jpg

DSC00950.jpg

DSC00951.jpg

DSC00953.jpg

DSC00954.jpg

DSC00956.jpg

DSC00959.jpg

DSC00960.jpg

if you are having alignment problems, trim off those tabs on the edges of the hull sides. These are for ejecting the part. Some instructions show these being trimmed off. Others don't.

MaschinenKrueger said:
if you are having alignment problems, trim off those tabs on the edges of the hull sides. These are for ejecting the part. Some instructions show these being trimmed off. Others don't.

Thanks that's a good idea!

Terry ;D

Here is last nights update. More painting of the upper hull parts.

Terry B)

DSC00977.jpg

DSC00978.jpg

Great work on the paint very nice indeed :)

Dan B

Latest posts

Back