StuG III Ausf. G EARLY PRODUCTION

MrT

I am starting a new project. I will be doing a StuG III from Dragon.

DSC00895.jpg

DSC00914.jpg

More updates coming.

Terry ;D

Added a little paint. Wheels....wheels.....wheels. The suspension is complete and ready for the wheels

Terry ;D

DSC00916.jpg

Stug III. Got my attention. ;-)

Are you trying for a Bodo version or will any generic early do?

There's a tweeks PDF for his vehicle out there in the world wide internet.

MaschinenKrueger said:
Stug III. Got my attention. ;-)

Are you trying for a Bodo version or will any generic early do?

There's a tweeks PDF for his vehicle out there in the world wide internet.

Just a generic StuG. Really just doing what's in the box.

Terry

Did the exhaust system last night and here's how I did it.

My first step is to paint the exhaust and muffler with Tamiya Flat Brown. This time around I wanted to try something new. I sprayed the exhaust with hair spray with the idea of making some heat damaged paint.

DSC00930.jpg

I sprayed a coat of Tamiya Dark Yellow on the muffler boxes.

DSC00931.jpg

Before the dark yellow had completely cured I took a stiff brush with just a little alcohol in it and stippled the surface of the yellow paint to reveal the brown underneath. Be careful not to have your brush too wet as this will remove the brown paint too.

DSC00932.jpg

Next I begin adding pastel powder mixed with mineral spirits to the exhaust pipes and damaged parts of the muffler box. To do this I use three to four different colors of pastel powder. Black and a range from brown up to a more rusty color. These pastels are added like a wash. By adding more colors on to top of others they will blend together to give a subtle effect.

DSC00934.jpg

DSC00935.jpg

Lastly I use Model Master Metalizer Exhaust to dry brush more worn areas and to pipes to I more metal appearance. When you are satisfied you can seal this with Testors Dull Coat.

DSC00936.jpg

DSC00937.jpg

DSC00938.jpg

DSC00939.jpg

Here is view of the exhaust mounted to the tank. I hope this helps and feel free to ask questions.

DSC00941.jpg

Terry ;D

Latest posts

Back