Studio Scale A-wing (FINISHED)

Jamaicanmodels69

Guys there are to many pics of progression
for this bird it was a chore to make, but it
really sent me on my way to learning to
make patterns and vacuum forming. Every
build you should try to learn something.....
or at least challenge yourself! I will post
a link so you can see the progression on
photobucket. ;D
MVC-850S.jpg

Progression link.....there are 19 pages maybe use the slide show
option?
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/3dimensionalmanagement/Studio%20Scale%20A-Wing%20V1/

Man, that is sooooo cool. Love it.

I was never a big fan of that ship design but when you see it at that size it just rocks. Great detailing.

Dude ... Serious Skillz !!! Awesome just doesn't do it Justice ..... That Cockpit is OFF-TH-CHAIN ! Awesome seat, that 3 point harness is Waaaay Cool !! Seriously Badd Azz !!! Great Job

So What's next ... A Studio Scale - Executor - Darth Vader's Star Destroyer ???

What is Studio Scale exactly ? 1/6th scale ?

panzerace007 said:
"Studio Scale" is theoretically the same size as the shooting miniature used in a particular movie.
On something this size, it's typically 1/24th to 1/16th scale, but it's got no "set" percentage actually

Quaralane said:
panzerace007 said:
"Studio Scale" is theoretically the same size as the shooting miniature used in a particular movie.
On something this size, it's typically 1/24th to 1/16th scale, but it's got no "set" percentage actually

Correct ;D on the SS definition. This is way bigger than 1/24th scale though and even
1/16th i was looking at some canopy options because i though
the canopy really looked like a F-86 saber turned around, those scales were not even close,
same thing with the F-16 looking intakes at the rear. Most i could think back then could have
been RC sized stuff or it was scratched?

I need to get one of those kits for my stash before they are gone with the wind. It's great to see that I'm not the only one who builds at the kitchen table ;D
The A-wing looks great man. Great job....excellent weathering.

Jamaicanmodels69 said:
Quaralane said:
panzerace007 said:

Correct ;D on the SS definition. This is way bigger than 1/24th scale though and even
1/16th i was looking at some canopy options because i though
the canopy really looked like a F-86 saber turned around, those scales were not even close,
same thing with the F-16 looking intakes at the rear. Most i could think back then could have
been RC sized stuff or it was scratched?

Q & Jamaica - Thanx for th clarification. I knew She was a Big'en. Again .. Awesome Job !!

panzerace007 said:
Dude ... Serious Skillz !!! Awesome just doesn't do it Justice ..... That Cockpit is OFF-TH-CHAIN ! Awesome seat, that 3 point harness is Waaaay Cool !! Seriously Badd Azz !!! Great Job

So What's next ... A Studio Scale - Executor - Darth Vader's Star Destroyer ???

SSD in 1/6th scale??? That would be interesting :)

Latest posts

Back