Stryker M1113 MEV

- Chris, thanks for the kind words mate ;D

- schweinhund, cheers mate almost there now

- Capt Caveman, thanks so much and welcome to the site too :)

to the constant thunder of bangers and fireworks.....it sounds more like downtown Bagdad than small town in the west of Ireland tonight ;).....been busy weathering away, using first MIG's shadow brown oil thinned with white spirits and adding to pin washes to the resesses and then European Dust mixed with tap water to get heavy build ups of dust and then appiling it with a soft brush to get a nice dust coat on entire model, have to get some mud pigments...ran out on the last project......to finish the weathering process off

P1090821.jpg

P1090823.jpg

P1090827.jpg

P1090834.jpg

Yeah ...That is looking sweet with a bit o dirt round her ;D nearly there buddy ;)

Chris.

Cheers for your comemnts and support lads :)

Build update:

everything was going grand till one of the headlight lens popped off and fell into the abyss ::) so ill have to find a replacement, and the wheels i was gonna to buy this week are out of stock :mad:

but still have plenty to do till them :)

shane

longlance67 said:
Cheers for your comemnts and support lads :)

Build update:

everything was going grand till one of the headlight lens popped off and fell into the abyss ::) so ill have to find a replacement, and the wheels i was gonna to buy this week are out of stock :mad:

but still have plenty to do till them :)

shane
Hola Shane :)
that ecologic car ( ;D ) sorry, that monster looks superb, lad, truly,

don´t worry about that lense, fortunately you´ll get a replacement soon. ;)

In my case, when a piece goes ballistic (a thing that usually happens to me when I use tweezers) my cursing and terrible things can be hear more or less @ 200 meters around. I have had some issues about that (my) behavior with my wife, I beg her to be broad-minded with me in these critical situations, but I don´t get any advance with her. I know that a day will arrive when she will come with a pan in his hand and will finish me while I´m blindly cursing: in these moments I´m defenseless.

Thanks for posting, Shane :)
RG

Jelly,

hopefully ill get a lens replacement, but if not ive came up with a plan to solve the problem by placing a helmet over the headlight to hide the fact, or maybe have wiring coming from the bulb housing making to appear the lens and bulb have been smashed ??? might work ???

As for freakouts :p i lucky do all of my modelling out in the shed where i have a small workshop, so my outbrustes are for most part contained ;) But my other half finds it hilarious when i do when she's about :-[

CPT, I always like my AFV's flairly mucky as they are in reality, im still trying new methods of appling pigments, ill be getting a few more earth and mud pigments to add a little more constrast to the overall finish

cheers

shane

longlance67 said:
... or maybe have wiring coming from the bulb housing making to appear the lens and bulb have been smashed ??? might work ???

::) Shane, IMHO that would involve too much damage to the vehicle at this stage of the building. I´ve done the same with the siren of the Sherman that I´m building... I didn´t liked it :p, so I decided to do a mini-scratch grill cover for the front of the siren (it was plain as a mirror ! :p) and then proceeded to smash, pierce and bump it... but all this in the building stage, mate... I would recommend to you, Shane, to be a lil´patient.

longlance67 said:
As for freakouts :p i lucky do all of my modelling out in the shed where i have a small workshop, so my outbrustes are for most part contained ;) But my other half finds it hilarious when i do when she's about :-[

Oh, I don´t have that shed and my home is small... so when I begin "the show"... well, she doesn´t finds it hilarious... :p she just tells me that I have a mouth like a Tasmanian Devil... :p

thats quite true just have ta be patient and wait for a solution to present itself

Latest posts

Back