Steampunk Walking Tank

Nice work, I like the concept of Steam Punk. For the paint job I would vote more with the WW1 paint scheme to kinda give it that era feel. You might use brighter colors to paint it, like some of the German colors used on their aircraft.

Just my thoughts. Again great work.

Wayne

Thanks for the comments and it just might look like a shrimp if I hang a tail on it,shrimp gumbo, sweet and sour
shrimp, shrimp and rice ..... I just have to finish up the legs and a little more detail , like a couple of thousand rivets and then on to paint. More updates to follow.
Regards Markus

Looking awesome, I was going to say "add some rivets", have to have rivets, but you already thought of that. The only other thing that might make it look more period would be to texture the turrets so that they look like they were cast instead of machined. Just my thoughts. Great either way.
Steve

This is fantastic!
Love the concept, and what I can see of the design so far.
And the fact that you are constructing it out of metal too!!!!
Pure Awesome!
:D

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I have seen some scratch built models but this one is wayyyyy to cool. Can't wait to see the finished product!!!

This is pretty sweet! Reminds me a lot of a good Steampunk trilogy I read called Leviathan...basically set in WWI where the Austrians and Germans have kerosene powered walkers like this and the Allies have genetically modified creatures that they use as airships, etc...

Really cool! Makes me pine for a another Wild, Wild West movie and one done better! ([size=8pt]Am I wrong for saying that?[/size]) :-\

Keep up the fine work!

Thank you all for your kind words and suggestions.
I saw these mini's and thought it might be interesting to put a command
platform on top of the main turret with a few of these guys to give it some scale?
They are from Pulp Figures and are 28mm in size

pgs20.jpg

So what do you think?

Cool figures and a cool build, you've got some awesome scratch building skills dude

Good looking figures. I think the phone/radio talker would look great on in an open canopy.

Hey all we're back , tried to make up a command platform and after the third try it was just a hot mess
so it's time to move on. I put about a million rivets on it and now its on to a coat of fine detail primer.

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

Latest posts

Back