Steampunk Walking Tank

That is some crazy S**T there Markus!! Like the others said...WOW! Keep it coming, keep it coming!! :eek: :eek:

I finally got to put some paint on the wee beasty. I still have to do some touch up here and there,
then some future,decals, and weathering. The race is on to have it ready for a show on the 24th.

016_zps9314a49a.jpg

014_zps7491c633.jpg

015_zps3adedc4e.jpg

013_zps99e0a416.jpg

012_zps4814d5c5.jpg

Dude... the walker looks amazing... but I really gotta ask... why the dayglo camo? I mean before the yellow/blue paint it looked awesome, now I'm not so sure. Should have looked better with a regular camo job or just plain gun metal! Just trying to figure out why!?

Thanks for the comments and questions. First I have to say that my camera didn't capture the colors all
as well as I would have liked. The colors Used were Poly Scale PRR buff as a base , Tamiya IJN Grey,(XF-77)
Red Brown (XF-64), and Deep Green (XF-26) . The IJN Grey came out in the pictures much more blue then
in real life.
ModelMakerMike you are right about the paint scheme and after washes, filters and pigment it should
tone down a fair bit. The camo patterns used in WWI were very colorful and very bold.

Latest posts

Back