Starbuck's Colonial Viper Mk II

JohnnyO

Mobilis in mobili
I just finished work on a Colonial Viper, Mk II.

Overall, I was very happy with the model. Had some trouble painting, but I am mostly happy with the result. I'd appreciate any constructive criticism or advice you might have for future improvement. The only future change I am planning is to repaint the base a flat black rather than grey, but I am waiting for the weather to be a little nicer before I crack out the rattlecans to do that.

MfmeDiK.jpg

yktYhfV.jpg

2ytGxfN.jpg

QQL2sIQ.jpg

kNFxTpb.jpg

gp844KJ.jpg

xSzCTs9.jpg

EsYLk6M.jpg

cdX7vAi.jpg

VdHJSWc.jpg

eKRGMqJ.jpg

48h7o14.jpg

4zAmKib.jpg

WNG4XZ9.jpg

EtGYzQw.jpg

FXCKLo6.jpg

NyOCpTo.jpg

FUB1xRk.jpg

r19ibvG.jpg

Iw6azgk.jpg

q4RvlZI.jpg

oe8hetG.jpg

t6fmYqN.jpg

lR1qvVC.jpg

Kzxp3pG.jpg

ILZ42CW.jpg

JVe7B9Z.jpg

vpIq0MT.jpg

8xV0BLg.jpg

QErSjem.jpg

Gwa1L0I.jpg

fQsKsq4.jpg

ZEhfj7v.jpg

whTKRl3.jpg

PyJYiXe.jpg

1i7EI9S.jpg

V7VQR1O.jpg

Looks pretty good.
Looks like you had some interesting issues with your painwork

Thanks for posting, I've got this kit in my stash, I'll be using this page for reference ;D

Love the finish

J

Quaralane said:
Looks pretty good.
Looks like you had some interesting issues with your painwork

Definite problems with my first coat of paint. I was spraying in the garage, and it was one of the bitter cold days this winter. I think some combination of the brutal cold, a setting on my airbrush, and something else made the paint dry in a weird, splotchy way. I waited for some warmer weather and everything was fine.

Jimi said:
i think you might need to tone down the colour of the pilots uniform as the green is far to bright

Yea, if I had to do it over again, I might darker it some. The manual called for a mixture of gold and green, which I really like how it turned out, but I might add some black in there next time as well to tone down the brightness. In actuality, once its inside the model, its not as bright as it looks early on (I added a black wash later you can't see in the pictures)

Latest posts

Back